real flight freezing and glitching...?

douglas4

I just bought this SIM and its freezing. Its like my frame rate is screwing up. My computer specs are:

Win Xp Pro (with SP3 updates) legit copy of course...?
Direct X 10
radeon 9200 3D accelerated video card with 128 dedicated RAM
P4 processor 2.4 ghrtz
1 gig of RAM
And of course the Hard drive space required

So any ideas whats causing my issue and I have no background programs running...I'm pissed off it cost me $134.28 CAD.

Last edited:
You might need a better video card, Radeon 9200 is apparently not Directx 9.
According to AMD web page, it has full support for Dx8.

RealFlight Basic

System Requirements

Minimum Recommended System:
Windows®* XP, Windows* Vista™ or Windows 7
*Local administration access required.
Intel® Pentium® 1.0GHz or equivalent
512 MB RAM
1 GB Hard Drive Space
DVD Drive
3D Accelerated Graphics Card with full DirectX 9 support and 32MB of dedicated video memory
USB Port

In addition to Phrank's comment ( which is right on the money )...

... unless you have a hacked copy of DX10 ( which does NOT work well in XP ) you do not have DX10 installed under XP, rather you have DX9.

working now

well I did get it working. It turns out this computer..(which I got from a friend)..didn't have the actual ATI Radeon drivers...so I had to install the manufactures drivers...I then downloaded Direct X 9 from Microsoft and "voila" she works. There is a slight delay when switching aircraft or scenery's but other than that it works fine. I installed it in my buddies computer too so when I go over i can SIM over there too. It works flawlessly in his though cause he has a dell duo core set up and better vid card than me. I'm sound as a pound now and flying the crap out of everything it has to offer.

Back