Real Flight G4 has a Virus ?

sajeev

Installing my copy of RF G4 on my new laptop with Windows 2008 and it says its a virus. What do i do ?

Attachments

• real flight.png
    real flight.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 12
Uninstall mcafee, install Microsoft Security Essentials, and try again. McAfee does not like Real Flight. Known issue. Don't forget to throw away your Junk McAfee disc.

I don't run any anti virus software at this point. I haven't experienced any problems from this practice. I simply use ccleaner regularly. I was using MSE months ago and I found that its background services, particularly the monitoring service to be a CPU cycle and memory hog. When I uninstalled it I noticed a performance boost. Anti virus software, in my opinion, is like screen savers. Unnecessary if you browse and email responsibly. Your mileage may vary.:)
This problem is indicative of anti virus software of all brands. Too many false positives.

Last edited:
And CCleaner helps against viruses?
And 81 days old database..........guess it's an old screenshot as all is old ;)

Last edited:
I was using MSE months ago and I found that its background services, particularly the monitoring service to be a CPU cycle and memory hog.

I found that this is particularly true when it is first installed and if the program has not run a full scan recently.

It does tend to scan system files at startup and allocate memory while doing so, also slowing down boot times a bit, but if you let the machine sit for 1-2 minutes ( spinning disk ) before working with it, the effect is mitigated.

Running a full scan once a week seems to reduce the files it scans, as if it is keeping a log/listing of what it has looked at recently.

Still it is not quite as bad as other offerings that do the same.

Back