Real Flight G4 without a CD drive?

SCP-012

I have Real flight G4 and all the disks but when i got my new laptop, (running on windows 8.1, as that might be the problem), i tried to install RF4 using the conventional way, (putting disks in old computer with drive, cd files into thumb drive, etc...) but when i finally got all the files onto my laptop, i try to run it. it goes to the installer, and when i click "install" It tells me that i NEED the disk in the computor for it to work. Is there a way i can get around this? I have the controller and everything. I have the required space and everything so im feeling quite hopeless right now. :(

If you look at the installer's configuration files, you'll notice that each CD has a label associated with it.

You can either modify your installation media appropriately or you can modify the installer configuration file so that all of the CD's use the same label. You'll still at the least have to have that label on your installation media.

I've documented this in other threads.

Checking "FAQ'S", in 7.5 stickies; Instillation on machine without a DVD: https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=31152
And, using "SEARCH", G4 Windows 8: https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=31458&highlight=windows
I came up with a couple of links for starters. There's more, I only listed 2.
It appears 4.5, can be installed on 8.1.
If needed, Further "SEARCH" with; "Thumb Drive", "No",or,"Without", "CD DRIVE", and "Install Network", this should get you hooked up.
Contacting Technical Support is also a option, for specific instillation issues.
Since you already have a valid, InterLink Elite, you can (might as well) install RF7.5 UPGRADE. ($50.00) It is a stand alone program (only one disk) And your up to date.
They are independent programs, not dependent on, or linked to, each other.
Myself I have 4.5, and 7.5, installed on my laptop.

Last edited:
The issue is that G4 used CD's (4 of them) and the newer products came on just 1 DVD which lends to creating other means of installation much easier.

Back