Realflight 6.5 and Spektrum DX7s

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Doug, I totally agree... (maybe not #1)... we all agree... use the Interlink, no question. These new guys think that they cannot go back and forth between Interlink and field radio easily, but it really is not the problem they think it is. Sticks are sticks... switches and location of switches can be a problem... but just not that big of a problem in my experience. I have four radios at the moment. I can easily go back and forth, but I have been flying for a while.

I do think there might be something wrong with the short cables... just trying to check this out with other users. This could be a reason people are having trouble. Or it could be nothing. So, I would like a couple of people to hook up their field radio using the short connector and see if if appears in the controller selection.

Last edited:
You got the long and short cable.
I believe the intended use of the short cable is to allow Futaba-Futaba connection when mated to the long one.
Then the short cable is acting as your crossover connection.

Why would one want to use the short cable instead?

From the "internets". This pretty much confirms nooner's pinout.
conector.gif

Pin2 is ground, which always goes to the barrel.
Pin 3 is Signal out
Pin 6 is Signal in

Why would you want to modify the circuit board to jumper these 2 pins? Pffftt!

Signal out... signal in and ground? That is three circuits... BUT, there are only two wires in the mono cable. There are only two wires on the circuit board... Where is this mysterious third wire? There is only one signal wire and that is signal incoming to Interlink. It does not talk. Why would it? I just connected two virgin Interlinks together using the micro port. The second interlink does not show in the controller selection. The only way the Interlink creates an outgoing signal is on the USB wire.

Why do it, because it works. And connecting the long and short cables will not work to connect two Futaba radios together. I just tested that theory. That is why. Let me know if you get yours to work. My mod works with four radios so far. Pffftt if you wish, but I have done the homework and your diagram is wrong for the interlink. It is very likely incorrect for connecting two field radios together in a training scenario...only one wire is connected pin2 to pin2. Pins 3 and 6 are not connected. Again, there are only two wires available in the cable.

I grow weary of the subject, so that is it for me.

Why would you want to modify the circuit board to jumper these 2 pins? Pffftt!

Last edited:
Point to point Communications 101.
For bi-directional connection yes 3 are required, but this is a trainer cord, communication needs to go in one direction, so only 2 are used.
The crossover bit of cable flips that damned square plug pin in the proper direction.

Too much to fit in that grey matter? :D

The short cord was designed to be plugged into the micro plug port on the student's Futaba field radio and then connected to the longer wire that is then connected to the Interlink or an instructor's radio. If you reverse the connections of the wire, it does not work. Even though it is physically possible to plug them together, the short cord was not designed to be used together with a Spektrum training /Mono audio cord.

My mod will allow the short cord to work plugged into the field radio or plugged into the Interlink. It will allow the short cord to work with a mono sound cord (ie. a Spektrum/JR radio). The only reason to make the modification is if you loose the longer cord and only have the short cord.

Looks to me like the Spektrum training cord system is easier. Futaba Training Cords

Last edited:
Hey.

The jumper worked. Thx!

Alltho. 1 problem with the mapping.
I cannot get idle up to work:S...
Iwe tryed 12oclock's mapping. But with that one, I cannot take off and the rodder dont work.
Iwe tryed several differant once. And the best resoult is no 3D function.
Anyone alse have another mapping I can use?

Have you seen this? https://forums.realflight.com/showpost.php?p=242519&postcount=20
DX7s is more like the DX8 than not.

Hey.

The jumper worked. Thx!

Alltho. 1 problem with the mapping.
I cannot get idle up to work:S...
Iwe tryed 12oclock's mapping. But with that one, I cannot take off and the rodder dont work.
Iwe tryed several differant once. And the best resoult is no 3D function.
Anyone alse have another mapping I can use?

Nop. That diddnt work ether. The throttle wont work. I cannot take off. So I cannot test the Idle up

Did you follow the entire direction? Start with a blank airplane model aircraft. You need to erase the model memory before beginning. It is also possible that you have throttle hold switched on, no throttle when that is on.

Last edited:
I tryed bouth a blank aroplane and a blank heli model.

Non of them worked.
I have tryed flipping all switches. But still nothing.

With some other mappings. I can get it to fly. but then I cannot get idle up to work

The heli reacts when i use the throttle. (tail spinning slightly)
But its like if its not getting enough lift

Last edited:
Back