RealFlight 6 the latest in realism

Mega Packs? Geez, we can't get people to understand the difference between AddOns and Expansion Packs!!

Interesting...
Looks like some wish list items made it into the next release.
* Hold the reset button and it rewinds you back before you crashed.
* Type in the name and it gives you some matching items to choose from.

Heli/plane mega pack sounds interesting, are these just a bunch of expansion pack content mushed-in? :confused:

Either these guys need a new marketing dude, or there aren't really any gotta have them features on this new version to make me want to go out and get this version.
G3->G4 was a great upgrade, the water alone was enough to get me excited to get this version, but we also got more eye-candy.
G4->G5 was yet another leap with Kombat, FPV, etc...
G5->G6 hmmm, not sure I'm sold on this yet. For the first time I'm underwhelmed. :confused:

Maybe later when more details come out?

Skimming through the details, it seemed that they just cut & pasted the G5 details.

Give some time for the details to get out there.

RF6 includes a lot of new features in the physics engine, including an almost complete rewrite of the helicopter physics.

I understand that customers will be able to buy the MegaPacks separately.

Jim

I am sure we will get something for the price of an upgrade.

I don't see anything yet... but we do know Knife Edge to be generous.

I dunno. I really want to see something that turns my eye. I'm still on 4.5 living just fine. Have never looked or wanted to upgrade. I hope that there is something for me. that says gotta have it.

I would hope they have an upgrade version as they did with G5. If the same Interlink Elite controller is used, why would I need another. I've also got all the expansion packs and add-ons, so it appears that most of what comes in the mega packs, I already have with a few exceptions if there are new aircraft not-yet-released.

I still love Realflight, but I'll need to wait to see what all new features are going to draw my attention. I would hope the physics on dropped items can be fixed, but that should really work correctly as it once did before the latest couple updates for G5.5.

mwilson914 said:
I would hope they have an upgrade version as they did with G5. If the same Interlink Elite controller is used, why would I need another.

I've really been wanting to upgrade from 4.5 (just to have POV when making CSs ! :p )
but
I hope there is a discounted upgrade also , as there has in the past

I'm primarily a plank pilot ... So I really don't need a new
" InterLink Elite Controller that’s configured like a heli transmitter"

(its just a swap of the flaps knob and the retract/smoke/throttle hold switch anyhow........ I'm pretty sure I could do that myself , if I had a mind to)

also wondering what the ratio of powered and non-powered aircraft is in the
"Airplane Mega pack "
and weather or not they are totally new aircraft or just a repackaging of ex pack aircraft??
(thinking maybe G6 cant use the older ex packs??)

Last edited:
Allright, so it's going to be like yanking teeth then? :rolleyes:

Here are some softballs:
By reworked physics, does that mean older content such as addons/EPs will behave differently in G6?
Will addons/EPs be compatible with G6?
Will G6 custom content be exclusive to it or downwards compatible? (assuming physics are new)

Come on, spit it out, you do want people to spend afterall. :D

I was wondering if the swap page content wil be null and void. Now that there's good files there, that may be a problem.

If the new Physics engine does act different, you would expect that KE would adjust the engine to recognize older files and load the old physics settings.

a4magic said:
If the new Physics engine does act different, you would expect that KE would adjust the engine to recognize older files and load the old physics settings.

But if the custom content could benefit from the physics improvements, why dumb it down?

If only KE developed aircraft is allowed to fly "improved" they are pretty much alienating a large portion of what has made them one of the most popular choices.
And that is the variety of Swap Page content compared to their competition.

Most swap page aircraft will work fine, but it's possible some may not work properly, or even at all.

RF6 supports all the Expansion Packs.

The Add Ons are no longer supported. It's possible some of those aircraft may work. We have not tested them with RF6 and there is no plan to do so.

Jim

What about the "special" DirectX 9 that previous versions have used? Has the graphics been updated to take advantage of more current software?

jeffpn said:
What about the "special" DirectX 9 that previous versions have used? Has the graphics been updated to take advantage of more current software?

The rendering system in RF6 is essentially the same as G5.5.

We've done some things to make it look better (especially the smoke) but no overhaul in that area.

Jim

Note by the way that we've dropped the "G" so it is just RealFlight 6 or RF6, not RealFlight G6.

I know that will be hard to get used to.

Jim

Back