RealFlight 6 the latest in realism

yup Nvidea here
I'm using a AMD Single core 1.8 ghz machine with only 2 gig system ram ,and a 1 gig 8600gt
fixing my 2.6 dual core is on the list before I get RF6

abaser .......I use the "full effects of the tga,"(s)
and have no problems

boof...... try adhering to the common workaround :
Start RF at a photofield
and with the Aircraft you are working on already loaded
don't fly around or change aircraft or fields

see if it happens less

Its been discussed that the problem lies more in how much information is loaded into system ram before statring any dds creation rather than with what card you're using
thats why you don't want to change aircraft or fly around ;)

Last edited:
I had the problem with the .dds errors while running the 9800GT. So far, I haven't with the GTX 560 ti. I always run NVIDIA, but I think the issue lies with the different chipsets between card versions.

:I never knew or thought that a graphic card had anything to do with creating a file :confused:
just displayed what was in one............what do I know :p

Boof69 said:
That's sucks it,s quite an inconvienience. I have discovered a way to cut the occurance of the crashes by as much half. I've found that if I have rf open and I have the model selected that I'm editing a CS for and I have the editor open before I save a .tga revision when I close out the editor it generates the dds and crashes much less often. I used to cycle models then I started opening the editor to start the dds process. Now I can update the tga 10 to 15 times before a crash happens.

It also takes less time to create the DDS.

jbourke said:
Note by the way that we've dropped the "G" so it is just RealFlight 6 or RF6, not RealFlight G6.

I know that will be hard to get used to.

Jim
Ummmm.... OK, now I'm wondering...
Did Far East Movement have anything to do with this? :confused:

Back