RealFlight 6 the latest in realism

The only way you'll get more swap page content with RF6 (speaking EAs only) is if someone gets RF6 who already knows how to model. You've been around long enough to know that that doesn't happen very much. But it could.

brields said:
Becuase I live in an area where the only way to get a controller, is to buy the sim.

That's how it works all over the world.

brields said:
Why do I want another controller? Multiplayer split-screen.

You don't need another copy of RF for that.

brields said:
Any more questions?

Sure, how's mom and dad?

brields said:
to bad. I don't care. Cause they aren't your business.

Why post on a public forum a response to something so off topic?

Grow a thicker skin, learn not to let the temper rise as it adds more fuel to the fire.

Last edited:
My mother once said "if you don't have anything nice to say....best you don't say anything at all". Good advice. So....I'm pretty much done "on topic" in this thread. Being heavily invested in RF it's just not in my best interest to HELP Hobbico and KE take themselves out of the game. It's going to be a very long two years guys. Best of luck to ya!

brields said:
Becuase I live in an area where the only way to get a controller, is to buy the sim.

Is that to Imply that you never bought the sim in the first place??? :eek:

Boof69 said:
I have a question KE. Will the crashing while trying to create .dds files be fixed in RF6?
I wouldn't bet a dime that it did get fixed nor I would I hold my breath waiting for the fix any time soon :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You could probably expect more of the same, per Jims response earlier in the thread:

jbourke said:
The rendering system in RF6 is essentially the same as G5.5.

We've done some things to make it look better (especially the smoke) but no overhaul in that area.

Jim

That's sucks it,s quite an inconvienience. I have discovered a way to cut the occurance of the crashes by as much half. I've found that if I have rf open and I have the model selected that I'm editing a CS for and I have the editor open before I save a .tga revision when I close out the editor it generates the dds and crashes much less often. I used to cycle models then I started opening the editor to start the dds process. Now I can update the tga 10 to 15 times before a crash happens.

Odd............
I work exclusively with the 4096 format
and while editing CS s I look at the revisions in RF more than 100 times per CS and RF NEVER dds crashes!!!
even with both normals files at the same size

I just make sure I'm at photofield and don't fly around
( just like the work around to this problem)
I just "walk" and/ or look at it in the aircraft editor
and it does not matter weather I'm in the sim or in the editor when I start the dds process either
it does not crash ever !!

cycling through models makes the problem worse , hence strict adherence to the common workaround even when editing CSs

Last edited:
I'm just unlucky then I guess. Its been a problem for me since I've been making models a color schemes.

well when this problem first came to light
it seemed that 5.0/5.5 did it more often than 4.5

I hope this is not what I have to look forward to in RF6..
I'll be pissed :mad:

I may have I just couldn't recall. G5.5 has pretty consistant crashes while creating dds files for sure.

I'm sure it could, but it does happen to others who don't do CSs at all. Sometimes the Maj. sends me a few CSs before we release a model. I generate more .dds files than many who don't model or make CSs at all, yet they have the issue.

jeffpn said:
.dds crashes are nonexistant if not extremely rare for me in G5.5.
Same here, but as Boof and I are discussing, im not using the full effects of the tga, so that may have something to do with it as well

Back