RealFlight 9.5s no sound on tv

LindaB

Hi,
New here for my husband. I set up the realflight for him and we have it on our 65" sony tv, everything works good, except no sound out of tv, just out of my laptop.
Any suggestions on how to get the sound out of the tv, which is hooked up to a soundbar. I tried shutting off soundbar, but still no sound.
Thanks

You'll need to tell Windows to change speakers in order to send the sound out the HDMI wire instead of using the internal speakers. You can just click on the volume control icon in the lower right corner near the clock, and then click on the name of the speakers above the volume slider. You'll probably see more than one choice, so you can change to the one that sounds like a video display instead of "speakers" or "audio device".

One more question if I may. My husband normally flies small rc planes in the back yard so he is not that familiar with this Specktrum Interlink DX Simulator Controller. Would you know if there is someplace where I could find out what all the buttons are for on it.
Thanks Again

On a normal controller, you may have just as many switches as on the InterLink DX, but they don't do anything until you program a purpose for them. In RealFlight, they can all potentially have a function, but it does depend on each individual model to implement those functions and do it in a manner consistent with other RealFlight models.

I'm kind of surprised that there isn't a direct answer to this question in the RealFlight manual, but maybe it's because the switch functions can vary by model.

Here are some highlights to help get started that seem to be common across models if they support the given function.
Switch A - Move retractable landing gear up or down, or else activate a smoke trail on some models
Switch B - Change flight modes on models that implement Horizon's SAFE trainer or SAFE Select technology
Switch C - Elevator Dual Rates (also called Low Rates)
Switch D - Flaps
Switch F - Aileron Dual Rates
Switch G - Rudder Dual Rates
Switch H - Throttle Hold (all helicopters in RF are designed to keep the motor off when Throttle Hold is turned on)
Button I (on top) - Panic Mode, if equipped (only on beginner-style aircraft), or also Thrust Reverse (on planes equipped with that function)

Some models have all of the Dual Rates on one switch (Switch C), but RF is designed to allow the three to be controlled separately if the model is set up that way.

Thank you again for the information. He doesn't have any of the controllers with his other rc planes that he would use with this one. He got this to have fun in the house with on rainy or cold days. But yes, the manual they give you tells you nothing about what all the switches are for.
THanks again,
Linda

Back