RealFlight 9 DVD Installation

technoid

I didn't trade in my RealFlight 9 DVD serial number for a Steam Key and Upgrade to RF 9.5S so I'm still using my DVD installation. But because I may end up reinstalling Windows 10 (my computer isn't Windows 11 compliant) I'd like to know if I can still install the DVD version of RF9 and activate it. Thanks for any information.

I've used Steam for years but I prefer to use the DVD version of RealFlight 9 so hopefully I still can. And maybe someone from RealFlight can let me know if they plan to continue to support the DVD installation.

Yes, activation and online updates (through 9.50.038, the final pre-9.5S version) continue to work for the DVD and Digital Download editions of RF9.

I can't make any guarantees about the future. Probably the most accurate thing I can say is that there are currently no plans to shut that down. I'd like to see it continue. Right now, G3 owners who bought RealFlight in 2004 can still update their software!

Thanks Ryan that's what I was hoping. I pretty much only use RealFlight for testing the planes I model so the fact it's missing all the new models doesn't matter for me

Back