Realflight crashes / cant play at the moment

Wasp46

HI guys, i installed Goblin Models ( from realflight 9.5 ) as suggested from someone in my other thread and it worked fine until a new start.
now i cant get into the game anymore , popup at start that somethings wrong, and either yes or no leads to a total closing of the program.

tried deinstall the game and install again.. same. how can i do a clean deinstall so the mods are gone ? or is there an other way to deinstall the models i added ?
as i said i cant get in the game at all right now

Too vague in your problem statement. HIGHLY unlikely that the Goblin install caused the issue. We need to know:

1. The complete, exact message you are getting, including any error number or codes, if any.
2. The complete, exact wording of any subsequent messages.
3. Where in the startup process this happens ("I click on this, and it shows me xyz...but then it gives me the message...." or similar).
4. What processor type/model is in your computer.*
5. What video card brand and model is in your computer (AMD 123, Nvidia XYZ, etc)*
6. What controller are you using, and are you using a USB hub or not?*

*This information may not be needed for a solution, but might be helpful and someone will ask, so might as well include it now rather than later....

okay i will send all the informations later , so far :

1.see picture
2.see picture
3. right from the start , i click the button , it shows the loading screen and then the error window pops up
4. What processor type/model is in your computer.* : Ryzen 5 3600XT
5. What video card brand and model is in your computer (AMD 123, Nvidia XYZ, etc)* : MSI GeForce RTX 3060ti Ventus 2X 8 GB
6. What controller are you using, and are you using a USB hub or not?* : Spektrum NX8 with RX Sim ( 1 Spektrum DSMX sat ) , wireless111.jpg

Last edited:
Browse to:
C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\Realflight Evolution\Vehicles\Custom Vehicles\ folder, scroll down and locate the Goblin models that you recently imported, find the (Goblinnamexxxx.rfvehicle) files and delete them and try starting Realflight again. If RF starts normally then the imported model was causing the problem. If it makes no difference, then you can simply reimport the Goblin models again when RF is working normally.

I ment i didnt find the documents folder you said. Its empty. Not hidden.
The Screenshot shows the actual state. I cant play the game. When i hit yes or no im back at the Desktop

Where did you get the Trex150X that is loaded and probably causing the program crash on startup.?
When you open the:
C:\Users\(youruserid)\Documents\Realflight Evolution\Vehicles...folder what other folders are in there, are they all empty.?
Do you have your documents folder in a different location to the default location?

Better thing to try first would be to install the new Beta version, this Beta has fixes for models that crash the RF system on startup and when selected for flight.
How to Get the Beta Build
  1. Restart your Steam client to ensure it is aware of the new versions.
    1. Right-click the Steam icon in your system tray and select Exit.
    2. Once everything closes, run Steam again.
  2. Right-click on RealFlight Evolution/RealFlight 9.5S in your Steam library, then select Properties...
  3. In the Properties window, select Betas on the left.
  4. Click the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" dropdown control to expand the list.
  5. Select "Realflight Evolution (publicbeta)".
  6. Close the Properties dialog.
  7. Steam will now download the new version (which will be a very small download).

Attachments

• Beta's.jpg
    Beta's.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 5
i have to search the right documents folder again. the one i found is just empty / c:users/myname/documents
the trex150 was also from swap pages rf9.5

Type Trex150X in the Windows search bar and note the location of the file, click on "Open File Location", find the Trex file in that folder and delete it.
Now start RF Evolution to see if the problem is fixed.

Attachments

• Search.jpg
    Search.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 8
I still recommend you install the public beta version that is in post number 9, that version is designed to fix concerns with swap file models (very few) that can cause problems.
Do not install the beta version on computers that are running 12th or 13th generation CPU's, using the onboard IGPU.

Back