RealFlight Drone and DJI Phantom

patrck

Hello -

I purchased the realflight drone sim to help learn how to fly my DJI phantom quadcopter. However, the controls on the sim are WAY more sensitive than the controls on my DJI controller. So what's happening is that when I go out and fly my phantom after practicing on the sim, it does not respond at all like the sim did. I need to adjust the sensitivity of the simulation's controller down quite a bit so that it more closely matches the actual DJI controller. An idea how I do that?

thanks

No editor in the Drone Edition. Realflight 7.5 does have the editor and most of the aircraft you have in the Drone Edition, including the one that looks like a phantom. You can edit every aspect of the flight characteristics in the full version of RealFlight 7.5. You are able to purchase the upgrade to 7.5 disc for around $50.

No editor in the Drone Edition. Realflight 7.5 does have the editor and most of the aircraft you have in the Drone Edition, including the one that looks like a phantom. You can edit every aspect of the flight characteristics in the full version of RealFlight 7.5. You are able to purchase the upgrade to 7.5 disc for around $50.

True at the time you posted. I bought the upgrade on 27 Feb, but the RealFlight website now says it's been discontinued.

I suspect the model you consider to "look like a Phantom" is the "Quadcopter X" in RealFLight.

Drone has a mode window you can keep onscreen that shows whether you are in "position hold", "altitude hold", "stabilize" or "acro" and whether "return to home" or "land" are activated. Same thing for the other quads in Drone. If it's there in 7.5 I haven't been able to find it yet.
========
I deleted my observations about differences I found between control characteristics of the same drones in 7.5 Vs Drone. It turned out that the differences I experienced were actually due to intermittent faults in my controller - which RealFlight is generously replacing free of charge.

Last edited:
Back