RealFlight Drone won't install

QuadCrasher

I've tried everything and I cannot get ReaFlight Drone to install on my windows 10 machine. I have upgraded the Video Drivers and everything I can think of and I am still stuck at KEError 15011: setup file e:\setup.ini missing Productinfo block. I have looked inside this file and I normally see text, but everything in this file appears to be binary or encrypted, not sure if that is normal or not.

First try copying the entire DVD to a folder on your computer to be sure it is being read properly.

If that works right click on the setup.exe file and select "run as administrator".

If the installation succeeds, then run it the first time by doing the same with the desktop icon.

That is a rare error. I don't know why you are experiencing it. My best guess is that it is a Windows permissions/access issue.

I don't have a solution to propose, but there are a few things I can tell you:

• The installer sees the file. If it didn't think it existed, you would receive a different error.
  • The installer is failing to read data from the file. It is not finding the very first thing it looks for after trying to open the file.
  • The way you described the contents of the file sounds correct.
I strongly encourage you to contact RealFlight technical support.

Make dvd .iso to install on Win 10 Surface 4

I had issues with the installation not running not being able to find one file or another. Seemed like the USB DVD drive wouldn't stay powered by the installer so kept shutting down. Solution for me was using an imagine program to create an .ISO of the DVD, then mounting the .ISO and installing from it, worked without a hitch. Was cool to see that Windows 10 can mount .iso files on it's own, just right-click the file and choose mount, then you have a virtual CD/DVD drive appear. Just launch the setup.exe file manually.

I did name the disk the same as the original DVD as I think the installer searches for a disk name appropriately. Depending on your software it might copy the name automatically. I used CdBurnerXP but wouldn't recommend it as it comes with adware and not very intuitive, I've used plenty of other programs in past that are more streamlined for this purpose (I'm on a temporary computer that I plan to wipe and return, so I really care.) A dif program linked to below (and it installed without any adware or other malware warnings from AVG).
My process:
1) I copied all the files from the dvd to a folder on my desktop (per prior instructions to make sure I could even read all the files on the disk). They copied no problem but took 20-30 minutes (slow drive and it's 6.5 gb)
NOTE: I was surprised this worked making an ISO from the files I copied from the DVD. I expected to need to make ISO directly from DVD, but I knew that I'd have to wait those 20-30+ minutes again so I tried the shortcut.
2) Opened CDBurnerXP and added the contents of that local folder to the 'project'
3) Right-clicked on the project (bottom left corner box) named "Disk" and chose to rename to RFV7_1 (the name of the original DVD)
4) went to File -> Save compilation as ISO
5) right-clicked on that new ISO file and chose Mount.

Dif program to make ISO: http://infrarecorder.org/?page_id=5 which I saw recommended as an opensource program.

Enough of this.... now lets see if the program will run on this Surface 4 Pro before returning it. Plan to get a larger convertible laptop instead, don't need the detachable keyboard. Wanted to see how the sim will run on the Intel HD graphics, might determine my choice for what to buy.

Back