RealFlight (formerly FlightAxis) Link in RealFlight 9

Jeremy Babbar-Sebens

Administrator
Staff member
RealFlight 9 is the first RF version to support RealFlight Link right out of the box - no beta branch or callback codes required. To enable it:

1. Click Simulation>Settings.
  2. Select Physics from the list in the left pane.
  3. In the right pane, set "RealFlight Link Enabled" to "Yes".
  4. Set "Pause Physics When in Background" to "No".
  5. Restart RealFlight.

The link is now enabled. Happy SITLing!

(edited to update FlightAxis->RealFlight)

Last edited:
Is anyone using this software? ...or answering questions about it??
Technically speaking, we're all using FlightAxis. RealFlight is powered by FlightAxis physics simulation software... in other words, under the covers FlightAxis is actually doing all the heavy lifting (so to speak).

Use the above link, and read-up.

marcus

Thanks Marcus. I put this off until RF arrived, which was Tuesday. The link explained architecture, but not execution. Do you know how to produce a legible file with state data points from a normal, user/controller flight recording? I'm wanting to do some analytics on the flight a pilot produces.
Thx.

Do you know how to produce a legible file with state data points from a normal, user/controller flight recording?
hi, this question keeps coming up, and unfortunately, none of the FlightAxis, RealFlight9, developers have been forth coming. The ( .recording ) file is proprietary, probably can be pulled apart and formatted to produce the state data points you are requesting; however, I do not have this knowledge, nor have I taken the time to try to reverse engineer the .recording file. <sorry>

I keep hoping @Ryan Douglas, or someone else, will pipe up and explain it. I can tell you that if you do things in the right order you can "fly along with" your .recording playback, using another aircraft, on the same airfield... and you can select which plane you want to view... like a multiplayer session; this leads me to believe that formatting the .recording file for state data is possible.

marcus

Last edited:
I think that your request for flight data is a bit reversed. I think this is the way to fly RF9.5 using an autopilot system where the control information is sent into RF not data out. There are more threads to read on this subject here.

Last edited:
I was trying to do exactly this by using flightaxis, ie return the same RC values read...
and log the data, alas I can't seem to get flightaxis to respond to me SOAP requests...
Is ther some way to turn on a devleopers diagnostic log or any additional error information?

Is ther some way to turn on a devleopers diagnostic log or any additional error information?
Yes, and no.

If you open your "Launcher9" icon and then click "Tech Support", then click "DX Diagnostics", there is an enormous amount of diagnostic log information that may be used when dealing with MS or DX issues regarding RealFlight9. If you contact technical support you will want to send a copy of this log with your request.

Again, you may record a flight; however, I'm not aware of a way to break down and format the proprietary ( .recording ) output file. I'm continuing to hope that someone will enlighten me.

marcus

Back