RealFlight G3 graphics card support

Inno3D 7600GT

The Inno3D 7600GT video card works fine with G3, Im running everything at high and all detail on. 1280 x 1024 res without issues..

The card is pcie (express) with 256MB of onboard ram

My pc is :
Amd semperon 64 XP 3400+
1 GB pc 2700 ram

I hope this helps someone when choosing cards.. it can be picked up here in the uk for around £90 from ebuyer.com

Video Card That Works

Hi everyone

Haven't posted in awhile but want to pass on some good information. I've had G3 for about a year and it was just chugging along so so on my old EMachine with a NVIDIA Ge Force FX5500 128MB video card.

I recently upgraded my computer to a new HP Pavilion Media Center a1540n Desktop PC with a 2006 Nvidia Ge Force 7300 GS 256MB PCI Express video card. Wow what a difference. This card works super smooth. I recommend it . You should add it to your list of video cards that work 100%. Here is the specs on my computer.

System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
DX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS
MFR: NVIDIA
Version: 6.14.0010.9131 (English)
Date: 6/1/2006 14:22:00, 4529408 bytes
CD-ROM (?:\) DVDRW IDE 16X (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160H6S (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) PHILIPS DVD8421 (?)
Installed in: C:\Program Files\RealFlightG3
Free Disk Space (C:\): 197073 mb free
Launcher Version: 1.00.158
RealFlight G3: 3.00.448

Finally One Happy Flyer

Bob

The 7300LE (L)ight card missing (E)xtras you want. will produce shadows, but it is quite poor at it.

It's basically a slightly upgraded from the 6200/7200 series of cards.

The LOWEST you want to look at would be the x6xx series, but I'd warn you to stay away and look for higher numbers... e.g. the 7800 series.

The GT's are pretty good for the price.

I am running a Nvidia GeForce 7300LE 256 MB and seems to be fine, however I have been having a problem with the software just freezing up with an error.
Says "An unexpected error has occurred. Would you like to send an error report to Knife Edge Software" Yes or No. When you hit either button it shuts the program off completely. Have un-installed and re-installed and deleted the .ADJ files as suggested by support tech, but to no avail!!!
It was suggested that my video card was the culprit, however no problems or glitching while playing the simulator just this, not even a flicker of the screen.
I sure hate to have to replace a 2 week old video card in a 2 week old computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :( :(
If I have to what would be a card that would be similar but WORK?

Greg Cothern said:
I am running a Nvidia GeForce 7300LE 256 MB and seems to be fine, however I have been having a problem with the software just freezing up with an error.
Says "An unexpected error has occurred. Would you like to send an error report to Knife Edge Software" Yes or No. When you hit either button it shuts the program off completely. Have un-installed and re-installed and deleted the .ADJ files as suggested by support tech, but to no avail!!!
It was suggested that my video card was the culprit, however no problems or glitching while playing the simulator just this, not even a flicker of the screen.
I sure hate to have to replace a 2 week old video card in a 2 week old computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :( :(

I have the same video card with the same problem. dell, huh??? However, I havn't had that problem in weeks, don't know why, but it just went away. :confused:

Do anything different with the settings that might have made it go away??? I have turned off all sorts of settings trying to easy up the load on the video card but does no good whatsoever.
I dont get it I have great graphics, flys great, everything looks like a PIC but all of a sudden BOINK up pops the error message and you have to shut it down. :confused: :confused:

yea, thats exactly what happened to me. I know what your talking about. I have no idea why mine went away. I don't remember changing anything..... :confused:

I have tried turning down my desktop from 32bit color to 16, turned down the sound, in the software turned down or off features, nothing seems to effect it whatsoever.
Matter of fact this morning first thing out of the box I fired up the sim, and before it could completely open it shuts down.
I DO NOT BELIEVE my video card is getting hot and kicking it off if I had this just happen. :mad:

Believe we got it working now, found a just released driver for my NVidia card and seems have worked, time will tell.
Kudos to the support staff that have been so patient with me in trying to cure my issues.
My system said it was all up to date, however when checking the video cards site there was indeed a newer version. Go to www.nvidia.com click on download drivers, there will be 3 boxes in the middle of the screen, first click on graphics drivers, then Geforce TNT2, then your windows version.

Greg Cothern said:

The Dell XPS410 with a 7900GS card works fine with 3.0448. Everything turned up too!

Last edited:
G3

Hi, Does anybody know if the Nvidea FX 5600 Uitra 128 MG AGP Vido will work with The G-3?
Thanks Tom :confused: :)

I can assure you the ATI 9800 XT with 256K of RAM will work just fine with RealFlight. Just got mine working today....WoW..... What a difference from my ATI Radion AllInWonder TV card! Now, I can watch the leaves move, actually see the 3D effect of the obsticle course, and scare the crap out of myself with the Cockpit vew!

New Video card

I see that Nvidia has another card. has anybody had any experiance with it. Geforce 7300GT 256MB PCI-Express graphice Card. Runs abor $130 and on sale about $90. This is at Best buy. I've seen some remarks about a sister card, the 7300GS 256 and it was liked. Does anyone know what the difference is?

Look at the digit in the hundreds place... e.g. the x200, the x300, the x400, etc.

Those low numbers mean that it's a LOW END card..

The 7300/6300 are pretty similiar.

They WORK with G3, but these cards have fewer rendering pipelines, etc. than their more expensive brethern.

The manufacturers purposely tier their offerings based upon price.

You pretty much get what you pay for.

I'm happy to report that G3.5 works great on my Dell Inspiron w/ ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 even though while loading it gave a message that this card was inadequate.

The reason I bought this sim is because the demo ran smoothly, while the other sims could only manage about a 3 frames per second rate. I couldn't justify buying another computer just to run a sim.

Back