RealFlight G3 graphics card support

costco computer

Costco has some pretty nice computers.
They seem to put in this card:
128MB PCI Express™x16 ATI™ Radeon™ X300 SE HyperMemory™
Does anyone know if this'll run the G3?
Thanks,
James

I believe that we have that exact card here. It doesn't get great frame rates with the default settings, but it works just fine. If you have this card, try lowering the quality settings as well as the terrain and tree density values.

Travis

Card name: VISIONTEK Xtasy 9200SE PCI 128MB
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: RADEON 9200 SE (0x5964)
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

In case anyone is not sure about this card it does work, pretty good too. This is what i have been using.

Anyone use the NVIDIA GeForce 6600 video card with G3?? What kind of performance can I expect from it? I would like to know if it will work before I go out and buy the sim.. Thanks in advance.

My System:

CPU: 3.0GHz
Memory: 1GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Bus: 533MHz front side bus
Cache: 256kb L2 Cache

nVidia Quadro4 980 XGL

Has anyone tried of of these with G3? I've run dxdiag and it passes all tests for directx 9. Tom's hardware has run this card through tests with directx 9, so it would seem to be compatible with DX9 even though it originally shipped with DX 8.1. On paper, it would seem to have the specs to run G3. Are there other tests I can run?

The rest of my system should be fine. Win XP -Sp2, P4-2.8 ghz, 1 gig ram, ect...

Thanks,
Mike

RC_Soaring said:
Anyone use the NVIDIA GeForce 6600 video card with G3?? What kind of performance can I expect from it? I would like to know if it will work before I go out and buy the sim.. Thanks in advance.

My System:

CPU: 3.0GHz
Memory: 1GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Bus: 533MHz front side bus
Cache: 256kb L2 Cache

Performance is acceptable, I run in 1280x1024 32bit 2xAA mode and get 80-130fps with everything highest except for shadows at medium.

morth said:
Has anyone tried of of these with G3? I've run dxdiag and it passes all tests for directx 9. Tom's hardware has run this card through tests with directx 9, so it would seem to be compatible with DX9 even though it originally shipped with DX 8.1. On paper, it would seem to have the specs to run G3. Are there other tests I can run?

The rest of my system should be fine. Win XP -Sp2, P4-2.8 ghz, 1 gig ram, ect...

Thanks,
Mike

Realflight G3 typically requires that the graphic adapter have both hardware and software support for DX9.

You can download the Everest Home Edition diagnostic software for the website listed below to determine what hardware level your graphic card supports.

http://www.lavalys.hu/index.php

nVidia Quaro4 980XGL

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the link, that's the sort of thing I was looking for. Unfortunately, this card's hardware only suports Directx 8.1 :( . At least I had not just bought the card... It's a couple years old... Would not have been happy to have spent $450 on the card, then another $200 on G3 only to have it not work....

I might try to find G2 instead since it would run on my current desktop as well as my laptop... The features of G3 are certainly making me think about upgrading though... Decisions decisions. I'm mainly interested in learning Helicopters and there seems to be lots of opinions on which is better for that, but that's a topic for another forum...

Time to check the sales on video cards....

Thanks,
Mike

Ge Force 5200

What is the ideal configuration of ge force 5200, in order to obtain the best perfomance running G3? for example the soft lines in the model or the highest frame rate. excuse my english, I am Venezuelan, thanks

does not make sense

Joe Teibel said:
Unfortunately, the Radeon 7500 is not compatible with G3. While you may have DirectX 9.0 installed, the hardware does not support DirectX 9.0.

Many of the Nvidia cards listed as being supported by G3 are not DirectX 9 compliant either. DirectX 9 was not fully supported by Nvidia until the release of the Geforce 6 series video cards. I belive the majority of us are sick of throwing away many hundreds of dollars on video cards and spending huge amounts of time fiddling with our systems or downloading 180MB software patches (we don't all have a broadband option you know) just to make this sim work the way it should have out of the box.

And yet another video card question

I know this has been talked about to death but I just want to hear it from the horse's mouth before I go out and sink $200 bucks into G3. I have a Toshiba laptop with an NVida GeForce4 440 Go 32 MB video card. Of course my question is, is this a compatible video card to run G3 and if so what kind of performance can I expect? Thanks for any info.

Just my 2 cents, but I dont think your performance will be very good. 32Mb of video ram is not enought for this version of RF. I run an ATI 9800 with 128 and it could really use 256. Hope that helps

GeForce4MX

GeForce4MX-How does this card work with g3? I am looking at buying a flight sim and I want some graphics if possible. Thanks in advance. Would g2 be better with it?

Back