Realflight G5 ideas...

maxx2504

Hi !

I wanna start this Thread for some Ideas to make the next Realflight Generation 5 better than ever...

I got some ideas for the Sim, especially for heli models.

- When you chose a methanol motor, u must choose a glowplug and the gas too.
And you must configure the motor like in real life with the needles.
- New and more blade- and motorsounds.
- More standard airport fields.
- DirectX 10 support.
- More poylgons for custom models (maybe around 50000).
- Paddelsystem must be fixed.
- Flybarless Systems must be included like V-Stabi and many more.
- More visual rotorblade types. 20 and more will be cool ;)
- Better simulation for electric governors.

When i have more ideas...i will post them... ;)

Greetings from germany

maxx

Last edited:
Great Idea for a thread max..... :D
I would like to see a winch system for gliders
or at least a "bungee" system like "High-Start"
and\or enable a way for two users in MP to tow and release gliders
or at least an A.I . Tow plane
Since a lot of people like to "dog fight " in MP... it would be cool to have a "Sonic Combat Module" like they have for the hobby zone fire bird commander 2
I've thought of a few other ideas but they don't come to mind right now but when they do I'll post them too

Last edited:
I was thinking also how a "tow" system would be awesome. How about 4 "hardpoints" on each plane (front, back, top, bottom) that could be turned on or off, with a variable length inputted to simulate a cable. For example, A B29 has it's bottom hardpoint active, while the X-15 has its top hardpoint active with a length of "0" on the cable, simulating a bigger plane carrying its parasite payload. A big Piper could have its tail hardpoint active while the glider plane has its front hardpoint active with a length of say 20 or so?

A rough idea... but still an idea! :p

that would be better than nothing!!! :D
How ever I was thinking more along the lines of a decathalon for towing ;)
but a bigger piper would do!!
and that idea sounds feasible to me

Last edited:
wind speed and airspeed in Knots
and since this thread is "wishful thinking"........
some kind of patch\ update for 4.5 that could implement\add some of these ideas to 4.5........(4.6 maybe) even if they sell them on a seperate (upgrade) dvd for like $50.00 -$75.00...... G5 would just mean yet another $200.00 :eek:
(if that is even possible?)

Last edited:
Customizable avatar pilots standing on the flight line with name tags. As your aircraft flies, you will see the other pilots holding their radios and moving their heads around as they track their aircraft. It would be neat to see the frequency tag clipped to the transmitter antenna; moving/blowing in the direction of the wind.

See you on the fields!

-Phil

how about a set of gyro lists so you can put ANY of teh "popular" or such gyros in your heli to make it fly more / just like yours :D

How about a wife sitting in a chair reading a book, randomly nagging you that you've been there long enough? :confused: ;)

jeffpn said:
How about a wife sitting in a chair reading a book, randomly nagging you that you've been there long enough? :confused: ;)
LOL ROFL NOW that would be realistic !!!:D
philakapd
That is a cool idea!!...
which brings me to a problem that I've had with RF MP..... all along ............
The total disregard (total lack of ) a safe flight line..
Might be a way to teach newbies what a flight line is all about
instead of the unrealistic helter skelter kaos you see in MP sessions
that would get any of us tossed from our respected clubs in RL!!
That is one area that I think RF teaches newbies some very bad "habits"
like maybe if you hit some ones avatar you get bounced from the mp session
even if they were to use those dumb looking "paper doll" cut outs instead of avatars
it would go along way to teach newbies proper "field safety\eddicate"
I mean RF lets newbies learn how to fly RC.... may as well teach newbies safety and how to conduct yourself at an RC field too!!......just my 2 cents :D

Last edited:
philakapd said:
Customizable avatar pilots standing on the flight line with name tags. As your aircraft flies, you will see the other pilots holding their radios and moving their heads around as they track their aircraft.
You have to remember that there is only one pilot spawn on a photofield. Since most people use photofields for mp, we're all basically standing in the same spot, all on top of each other. RF is not real, it's a sim. I don't think it's KE's job to teach people etiquette, or engine tuning. I think the best suggestions here for a sim is a high-start or winch, and a towplane. But I don't think too many people here use gliders, anyway. It would be just the same as when people were crying for voice chat, and now very few people actually use it.

jeffpn said:

I must laugh when i hear that. Thats the best idea i ever heard...and...i have some serious ideas too :p

- Integrated Timer you can set to the model throttle
- A money counter for crashes :D
- A better crashmodel
- configurable receiver batteries for non-electric helis who went empty in flight
- strobe and positioning lights for all models, that would be awsome for nightflying ;)
- more events for helis and airplanes
- better support for very little and big helis because of the weight.
- better flight failures
- heat schimmer effects for turbines ;)
- better wind simulation

maxx

Last edited:
jeffpn said:
You have to remember that there is only one pilot spawn on a photofield. Since most people use photofields for mp, we're all basically standing in the same spot, all on top of each other.
there is a good idea in of itself jeff................. different pilot spawn points for each pilot in mp!!

Last edited:
no i do mean pilot spawns
but even if everyone are at the same spawn point
you could still have avatars\paper dolls "next" to you that you can not run into just like in RL
you would just not see "your" avatar
since the paper dolls already have collision mesh it should not be to hard to tie it in to the player "kick"
maxx2504 said:
- A money counter for crashes :D

maxx
WE ALREADY have that!!!! :eek: open console (" `") and type in: showmethemoney :D
maxx2504 said:
- strobe and positioning lights for all models, that would be awsome for nightflying ;)

- heat schimmer effects for turbines ;)

maxx
both great ideas but strobe navigation lights during daytime too

Last edited:
Hi !

It would be cool to add the heat shimmer and the strobe/positioning lights like streamer and smoke effects !!

maxx

DA ===> Same reason chase view can't work. The view you see of the photofield is where the camera was when it took the pictures for the photofield. When you see any picture, the perspective or relationship between different objects is fixed.

ya i know you can in a 3d field
i was talking about a photo field
no you cant add a second pilot spawn to a photofield ....(i've tried) :(
but you CAN add a photofeild "background" to a 3d feild!!

Last edited:
Back