Realflight G5 ideas...

i will be a good option that you can start and shutdown the engine start from a key and shutdown from the controller. Other good smoke that wen you are doing a harrier the smoke go around the fuselage and wing like real airplanes and other thing that i see in this thread posted already .. ahh and better sound for the heli...

you can already make the smoke do this... just move the smoke pod / exhaust forward, or if it is on the engine, just move it ~1 foot forward

and shutdown is already there.. "k"

restart = red button :D :D :D

Wire Meshes and physics configuration tool

Provide wire meshes to help create color schemes.

Provide airplane configuration support to help modify the physics/handling/performance of a model.

My wish list would include a physics model that interacts with the naviguides. Air speed and G force would be nice.

Add to that, the ability to trigger physics responses based upon things like G-loading....

e.g. that alone would be great to trigger a fake wing tip smoke to simulate G force vortices.

When G > 3
TipSmoke Servo = on

no chance I am buying version 5 - if it cannot run in Linux.

To purchase version5 I would need an version that uses an OS that can put the CPU power where's needed, not in it's own messy code.

the priority is as follows:
1.- OpenGL version compiled for Linux (even small companies manage to support 3 OS's)
2.- Windows OpenGL version that can run in WINE or "crossover games"
3.- Windows DirectX version that can run in WINE or "crossover games" (yes, they do DX fine)

Even semi-amateurs can handle any OS:
http://www.heli-x.ch/download_e.shtml

I

Hypothetical situations:

Windows platform, ignore Linux
Linux platform, ignore Windows

I wonder where the greater sales would be?

Seriously, what percent of people use Linux? Oh, wait, let me Google it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_desktop_operating_systems

I don't think there is alot of concern for software developers as a whole to support Linux. Sure, many games operate in Linux, but with Wine.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-games-33/are-high-end-games-available-on-linux-673341/

+1 vote linux

I only run a winbloz box for RF....

If there was a way to avoid the M$ tax on RF, I sure appreciate it.

B-)

:D

Andre said:
no chance I am buying version 5 - if it cannot run in Linux.

Much as I LIKE and USE Linux.....

Good luck with that!

I'd prefer to see G6 on my Xbox 360 with it's custom Interlink, long before I'd even BEGIN to wish for a Linux implementation.

Billy boy Gates won, get over it.

Penalty!

Earlier in the thread, a suggestion to allow a penalty for crashing was brought-up.

The confetti and toothpicks when I pile one in at the field are penalty enough for me!

Sometimes, the failures happen in air because of over stress.

In early RF, used to take the Edge 540 to altitude and do a violent blender to inverted flat spin, and the plane would disintegrate very nicely, allowing pieces to flutter to the ground. Very humbling. Playing with parts strength is fun too.
Billy boy Gates won, get over it
Op, glad to see you are still saying so much with so little! :D

Charles

Last edited:
Be a show man

Hows about an aerobatic Championship in the sim. Fly against computer opponents and also online. Or a scale flying competition. These would lead to people really pushing themselves to improve in their preferred area of flying. Maybe you could climb the ranks by flying at famous model shows around the world (enter new fields into the sim) like Top Gun and FL jets (yes they are both US, but that just came off the top of my head). So with this you then have the ribbon cutting competitions and other model show antics. Its all about showing off your model for the model maker, and pleasing the crowd !

CHOPPERSUEY said:
Adjustment for Altitude of the flying site .
Barometric pressure and Air Temperature .
Good Idea chops. I was thinking about this the other day. Seems you thought of it long before that ;)

opjose said:
Add to that, the ability to trigger physics responses based upon things like G-loading....

e.g. that alone would be great to trigger a fake wing tip smoke to simulate G force vortices.

When G > 3
TipSmoke Servo = on
Briliant Idea there ;)

I wish to amend an AoA meter (AoA relative to what you add it to) that can be used as an electronics component in the Aircraft editor.

g5

right.... g5 sounds big im just not sold. new aircraft and new things like almost warfare deals. its gonna take more to sell me. ive been following this post and sounds like there is a lot of ideas. i hope g5 is worth my money.

I think the Question Is are YOU really serious?
what would be the difference really ?
you would still have to choose your AP and aircraft from 2 different lists
and it would just take longer for RF to load while it makes the changes
does it really matter if you have to do that from the launcher or from in RF after it launches?
it really does not cut out any steps
or shorten the wait time...( might even lengthen it!!)
"so you can get right to flying"
besides they are 2 different programs really how is the launcher supposed to know what custom AP's and aircfraft changes that may have been made?? or what ones you have installed in the first place??
don't think the programmers are going to waste their time completely redoing the launcher and adding both aircraft and Ap lists to the launcher on something that really does not change anything in the first place :confused:
besides the last AP and Aircraft that you used
is more times than not
the same you'll use next time!!

I havent fired up RealFlight in a long time. It looks like my idea wasnt so stupid after all eh Maj Numskully ?

Back