Realflight G5 ideas...

Graphics cards in laptops are usually built into the motherboard. Desktop PCs are much more suited for gaming, and changing out parts.

Most important is the video card. Is it integrated in to the mother board? Any info on it would help alot.

i searched everywhere and found nothing. i even searched for the words ''graphics card'' in several places and it came up with nothing. is a video card the same thing?

Yes they are the same.

You want to got to start, control panel, system then the hardware tab, down to device manager and finally look up ( Display adapters). That is your video card....

That's it! Looks like it is a integrated video card. I'll look into it but there not the best for the sim.

crazy1 said:
is there any thing i can do to make it run better? thanks for putting up with my questions.

Take out things like show shadows, particles, etc until it runs good for you.
(Although I thought this thread was for g5 Ideas :eek: ) :)

a good idea for g5 is make the wind more realistic. im not sure how you would do this but its the first thing i notced when i flew my foamie for the first time.

4.5 has a very realistic wind model
set the wind settings in
Simulation\Settings\Wind and weather

Attachments

• ScreenShot1182.jpg
    ScreenShot1182.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot1183.jpg
    ScreenShot1183.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
ill have to try that i always just turned the speed up and thats just a steady wind no gust like real life

in real life the winds will gust 99% of the time... it is almost never a constant speed

this is why i set the wind gust percent to 80

My number one wish for G5 is 3D flying fields that actually make sense. Not like Joe's Garage which I had to edit so I wouldn't be flying over buildings and vehicles.

Plus, even with wind and gusts; I find myself making plenty more corrections in short final and flare in real life than in G4.5...

Chances are pretty good that unless a really good new civil flight simulator comes out; I will not upgrade my computer and thus will not buy G5.

With Vista and Windows seven with various video cards full 3D effects are possible when wearing glasses. I am still on XP, so I don't know how it works now; but if G5 could be designed around this I might be tempted to upgrade.

Donald T.

Back