RealFlight Light and laptops

LeeU

I have a question that I have not been able to get any one to ansewer. I would like to know if RealFlight Classic will run on "MY" laptop and now that the Classic has been discontinued I would like to know if the new RealFlight Light will work.My laptop specs are- Dell Inspiron 7500 500MHz P2, ATI 8mb 125-MHz SGRAM Rage Mobility AGP/3D video,384 mb system memory,12G hard drive with a 15" XGA display.Running Windows 2000 Pro and Direct X 8.1. I have a demo version running of the Ripmax software and it works great, but I don't know how simular the two sims are. If some one could say Yes or No it would be helpful to me to help me decide which sim I should buy. Tanks Lee P.S. I really would prefere a RealFlight/Knife Edge product.

LeeU,

There is no way anyone can tell you whether or not they will run on your machine. There are times when the software will not run on one machine but will run on a seemingly exactly similar machine. there are driver issues, other software issues, and installation issues that might skew the results.

The only true test is to get a copy and install it. If it runs great, if not comeback here and try to get your answer.

Goodluck...

"This space for rent"

While the Classic would more than likely function fine on your computer, you may have video problems with the G2 as the Rage Mobility chipsets are not very powerful and have some driver issues, depending on your laptop manufacturer. I guess the only way to be sure is to give it a try. One thing that could help is if you are able to allocate more memory to your display.

Derek Bloom
Great Planes Product Support

Derek, thanks for the reply,how could I dedicate more memory to my display.Also,I tried to buy a copy of the Classic this week,but Tower Hobbies does not have any more because it has been discontinued.Lee

Laptops

Hello,

I have a new Sony Viao. Everything works great except the video. The screen goes white when it comes time to fly the plane. It would be great not to bother my wife and go fly in the other room. Maybe someday.

Rob

Sims and laptops

I have fixed my laptop problem, I just ordered a new Dell Inspiron 8100 today, it has a 1.2 GHz chip with the new ATI 64 MB Radom video board and 512KB system memory with the ultra high res 15" moinitor. This laptop will run sims as well as desktops...I hope.Lee

Back