RealFlight Physics Speed

liamf555

Hi all,

I'm currently doing some testing of using RealFlight as a simulation environment for research into reinforcement learning for aerobatic flight control of UAVs. However, there are a number of limitations that currently limit its use. The primary issue is one of speed. Currently, from what I can see, the physics engine can only be changed to run at 150% real-time. This is currently too slow for reinforcement learning use, with the need to run thousands of episodes.

Does anyone know of any way of running the physics faster than this? I think RealFlight/FlightAxis could be a really promising tool for my research if I could find a way of overcoming this.

The classic solutions are always available. While you cannot speed up time beyond 50%, you can MULTIPLY time via parallelizing the process.

Either set up multiple VMs or multiple machines, though both would be best. I just looked into the option, and it appears possible to increase the time factor of the VMs using VMware by enabling Accelerated 3-D.

https://www.vmware.com/support/ws5/doc/ws_vidsound_d3d_enabling_vm.html

Last edited:
Looks like VirtualBox has a feature called Warp Drive that will let you scale time as well. There was a problem reported 3 months ago with version 6.x, but 5.5 should still be available and functional for your purposes.

here you go my friend. i promise it isnt malware, if you want proof just tell me and ill send a recording of it working. its called cheat engine. just select the program (RF in your case) and then enable speed hack, from there you can change the physics speed from a massive range! (dont go too high or low as it will crash your sim if you do so!!) here:https://www.cheatengine.org/

here you go my friend. i promise it isnt malware, if you want proof just tell me and ill send a recording of it working. its called cheat engine. just select the program (RF in your case) and then enable speed hack, from there you can change the physics speed from a massive range! (dont go too high or low as it will crash your sim if you do so!!) here:https://www.cheatengine.org/

Thank you, that looks like an interesting suggestion that could do what I want, although I am somewhat hesitant to use something that Windows Defender quarantines...

Thank you, that looks like an interesting suggestion that could do what I want, although I am somewhat hesitant to use something that Windows Defender quarantines...
yeah i was the same. i usually test them on VM first incase it is malware, luckily this wasnt. it is a weird website too lol but it does the job. nad also, because it changes app data, windows defender considers it malware, although it is not

yeah i was the same. i usually test them on VM first incase it is malware, luckily this wasnt. it is a weird website too lol but it does the job. nad also, because it changes app data, windows defender considers it malware, although it is not
I tried this in a VM but unfortunately it seems like enabling speedhack doesn't work

I tried this in a VM but unfortunately it seems like enabling speedhack doesn't work
hmm, did you select RF in the app selection thing and then click ok? its the monitor shaped thing that usually glows green. you just select it and then click "open" and then click enable speed hack, from there set the speed you want and then click "apply". if it doesnt work im not sure man sorry

Back