Realflight problem

aRealSteve

I'm a beginner and recently made a RC plane, after fixing it and crashing it ~4 times I thought it would be a good idea to learn to fly with a simulator. I first tried out Clearview and everything worked well. When the trial was over I decided to look into other software and stumbled on realflight. I purchased it and tried to fly. With no success. The controls where all reversed or just wouldn't work at all. I decided to calibrate my controller but couldn't, the x-axis just refuses to work and the example controller on the right shows a completely different input than the inputs i'm giving. When centering the knobs, they all indicate 100% too.
My controller is a Flysky fs-i6 and I think I'm using the right cable(can't remember where I bought it, it was marked as the Flysky cable). The USB connector flashes red, I don't know what it means but that may indicate something.

What I've tried:
- Put the controller into student mode
- Factory reset the controller
- Calibrate the controller on windows (the x-axis didn't work there either)
- Use another PC
- Redownload the software

Anyone knows how to fix this?

If things don't work in the Windows calibration screen, then there's some sort of issue between Windows and your FS-I6.

There are no drivers needed for game controllers, so it won't help to uninstall/reinstall RealFlight as it's not doing anything to help the controller get connected. RealFlight needs for the controller to work through Windows as a game controller. RF doesn't support any controllers directly as specific kinds of hardware. Even the InterLink DX is a Windows game controller from the computer's perspective.

Back