RealFlight8 registry errors

FrostbittenCnuk

I purchased RealFlight 8 Horizon Hobby Edition on STEAM about 3 days ago and I have not been able to run it. I get a couple errors when I boot it within STEAM, and of course it goes no further.

KEError 21017 registry key load operation failed.
Key:software\microsoft\windows\ current version\App
Paths\RealFlight8 Pro.exe
Value: program to launch

KEError 75912: unexpected activation result: 4,
Application will now exit

I have shut down my Windows Defender program uninstalled RealFlight sand 8 and reinstalled it with the same results. I do not believe that it is even installing correct as a result.
I have read through some steams comments on their support page but nothing works. I have look into the registry.. and do not see anything (keys or otherwise) listed where they should be in the registry for RealFlight8?
Any one experience these particular errors?

I don't have the Steam version of RF8 (I have the download version from Tower). Maybe try to contact RealFlight support (see top right of this forum = contact) and see if they can help you.

Alternatively you might want to consider applying for a refund from Steam and buy the DVD version from Tower or Horizon Hobbies. If you do not already have an Interlink controller it would be a good idea to buy one with a combo deal imho.

Back