Registration Problems G5

mikecalvert456

Anyone else having issues registering their G5? I have my XP firewall off and my virus program disabled (The Shield 2009). I'm running a Netgear WRG614 wireless router. I keep getting three error messages when I try to submit my registration information.
KEError 12217: Read 0 bytes from socket when data expected
KEError 12246: Error receiving and parsing HTTP headers
KEError 21023: Unable to register: Client/server transaction failed

I solved the multiplayer online gaming by following the error mesage Realflight provided and now it works great. Went into my Netgear and configured Port Forwarding & Port Triggering. I'm thinking it must be a configurable setting with my Netgear router but not sure.

Anyone else having this issue?

KEError 12217: Read 0 bytes from socket when data expected

Indicates that nothing was returned from the Internet Registration server to G5.

The data is sent via HTTP: so you should be OK if you can surf the net.

But you may have something prohibiting applications from communicating via the net directly, e.g. a proxy setting, vpn tunneling, additional interfaces on the computer ( do you have more than one LAN or WiFi device? ), no gateway defined, etc.

Only one Lan and only one WiFi. Funny thing it worked fine with my G4. I did have to setup the forwrding and triggering to get the on line portion of G5 to work. I'm at a loss what to do at this point. Only downfall is I can't get updates. Otherwise works great.

I have never done port triggering to get RF to work, only forwarding. As far as registration issues, you should call tech support.

mikecalvert456 said:
Only one Lan and only one WiFi. Funny thing it worked fine with my G4. I did have to setup the forwrding and triggering to get the on line portion of G5 to work. I'm at a loss what to do at this point. Only downfall is I can't get updates. Otherwise works great.

Make sure you DISABLE the interface that you are not using.

Sometimes failure to do so causes routing issues within the PC.

I called RF Tech support today and they told me it was my problem. I don't really know what you mean by "Make sure you DISABLE the interface that you are not using.
Sometimes failure to do so causes routing issues within the PC." It must be a setting on my Netgear but I don't have a clue. Doesn't make much sence to me since everything else on the internet works perfectly. :rolleyes:

It's a setting in your Windows network settings, not your router settings. Right click on the one you're not using (wireless?) to avoid IP issues.

You're in the wrong place. Are you XP or Vista? If nobody else has by the time I get home, I'll post a screenie for you.

If you're plugged into the network via a cable you should go into you network settings and actually disable the wireless network card is what they're telling you.

Have you done that?

My cable comes from my FIOS into a wireless Netgear router. From there it comes out of the #1 port by cable to my computer. I am not on wireless and do not have a wireless card installed on my computer. Other computers in the house are on the wireless, password protected network. I tried kicking my boy off his wired XBox 360 on port No.2 (pissed him off-oh well) no change.

Mike, from your posts we were led to believe that you have wired and wireless working on your RF computer, like a laptop is set up. If you don't have wireless on your RF computer, then there's nothing to disable.

Mike,

TEMPORARILY turn off any firewall or security software you have on your computer. Try the registration again and see if it goes through. If not I would say call the support number as they may need to get involved with your issue.

mikecalvert456 said:
I tried that. And also called tech support-they said they couldn't help me.

Ok,

Do you have problems with any other web sites like say, for example, Windows Update, Paypal, or the like?

Do you have any Anti-virus programs running that may include some security features like Web Scanning or Link Scanning or similar? If so, try turning those off as well.

Can you try installing RF on an alternate computer? If it fails on a second computer it won't completely rule out your computer as the problem but if it succeeds it definitively points to a problem on your machine.

mikecalvert456 said:
And also called tech support-they said they couldn't help me.
That just doesn't sound right. Here in the forums they say that the first choice for help should be tech support. (And that's right. This is expensive software, there should be quality tech support.) Why in the world would they turn you away? It doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

mikecalvert456 said:
I tried that. And also called tech support-they said they couldn't help me.

Cough * Baloney * Cough.

Try calling them for REAL next time.

They are perfectly willing to help you.

Back