Registration Problems G5

I give up! I even set up a DMZ but to no avale. As a last resort I setup the RF G5 on a laptop, wireless on a totally different ISP-yup the same exact error codes. It has to something to do with the RF software.

Well at least the multiplayer works. All though I haven't had one person yet playing so I had to host my own games. It's fun but would be better if I had a few others with me. I guess it's just too new yet

mikecalvert456 said:
I give up! I even set up a DMZ but to no avale. As a last resort I setup the RF G5 on a laptop, wireless on a totally different ISP-yup the same exact error codes. It has to something to do with the RF software.

You're making an assumption on this. I understand your frustration but if it is the RF software it's a very obscure error. For it to happen on two computers in the same home would have to be astronomically rare. More than likely this error is being caused by either your router or some common software installation on both computers.

The path is this:

If possible, take your router out of the picture and connect your computer directly to your cable modem/dsl modem. Reboot your computer (with the wireless disabled) so that it can obtain a new IP address. Verify you can get on the Internet by going to www.snapon.com (or some other site you never go to) and if you're on the Internet try registering again. If it fails again, turn off your software firewall just long enough to try it again and turn it back on afterwards.

Also, I haven't used this but there is a manual registration option on the realflight.com website. I don't know if it would help you but it might be worth a try.

It can't be the router because I use two different routers and two different ISP providers. The only thing the same between the two is they both run XPHome Edition and the both run The Shield 2009 anti virus. I turned the anti virus off as well as the Windows firewall. I'm really stumped. I just ran my Turbo Tax software update and it worked fine :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll have to try it on my office computer................

mikecalvert456 said:
It can't be the router because I use two different routers and two different ISP providers. The only thing the same between the two is they both run XPHome Edition and the both run The Shield 2009 anti virus. I turned the anti virus off as well as the Windows firewall. I'm really stumped. I just ran my Turbo Tax software update and it worked fine :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll have to try it on my office computer................

The problem with programs such as "The Shield" and others, is that they may be blocking communication for other programs such as Realflight.

You would THINK that turning off this software would cure the problem... but many times it doesn't.

Even uninstalling the software will leave things configured so as to cause problems.

Remember that all of us went through the registration process with G5, and were this a problem with the software, there would be many people reporting it.... as they did with the "I" versus "1" user mistakes.

So the highest likelyhood is that you have something on your systems, router, network, ISP, etc. that is interfering.

As js3862 alluded to, having two computers with the same problem tends to point more towards something unique with your setup.

Realflight's tech support is pretty good about helping out with this, but there are things that are outside of their control, such as your router/modem/firewall/firewall software setups.

Last edited:
Still Unable to Activate G5

The software indicates that the serial numbers are legitimate by activating the OK button and then once again asks for the serial numbers when the OK button is clicked. My program files are kept on what my computer calls the F-drive. Could the activation software be looking for a file on the C-drive?

Should be wherever you installed RF. In my case G:/Program Files/... That said, RF still goes and puts things in my My Documents folder on the C: drive like RealFlight.ini and a buncha other stuff, so it's possible. But there's guys who hang here that know fer sure.

Regards
Michael

Ok I'm getting close now! I brough home my work laptop and loaded the software. Worked great on my NetGear and my neighbors Dynex (don't tell him-SHHHH). So I think your onto it-it must be something to do with my Shield antivirus. I'll try taking it off my system. If that doesn't work I'll do the old FORMAT C :eek:

Dear Real Flight, I can't register my Real Flight G5 upgrade because if I try to register with all data requested appears an error message:
KEError 12243 Gateway Error
Server Microsoft -115/5.1
Content-length: 432
Content-type: text/htm

after appears: Error 3103 impossible registration.

How can I do to register the product?
If I don't register it I can't update the product, it run but I can't update it!!!!!
Best Regards

Hello I am attempting to UPDATE version 7 BUT am unable to register. Registration has been reset by Knife Edge. Registration results in a frustrating 12212 error over and over. Support sent me here for an answer after I followed their recommendations.

Back