Remove Throttle clicks from InterLink?

rccardude04 said:
Wow... The fuel tubing is ghetto. I've found that it makes the throttle really 'sticky.'
Just turn the ratchet upside-down. Open case, loosen screw, turn upside-down. Done.
That's how heli radios are if you look at them. If you flip it over in a heli radio, you have an airplane ratchet. At least the ones I've seen anyway.
-Eric
I agree! I did the same thing,Like you said 5 mins and done.I have had no problems with this.Not only that I find it helps doing alot of tricks that you cannot do Normally because of the ratchet. :D

Get rid of the clicks

Seems to be a lot of ideas about this.

Like a mug I tried first to bend the spring. No go. Then I loosened the screw by about 10 degrees and there is now only a very slight resistance which is much more comfortable to use. The screw is so tight in my Interlink that there's no chance of it working loose by istself.

Plug on - Dave

Another option:

I originally used fuel tubing and found it to be 'sticky'...instead a piece of "Mikey D's" drinking straw works real well.

No rubber friction...but still 'tension'

Hope that helps.

Remove ratchet clicks

I'm new too and I solved it with mine before I became a member of this forum. I simply loosened the screw holding the piece of metal by less than a quarter of a turn and it is so smooth now that I have no problems. Screw is still so tight that it won't budge without a firm hand on a screwdriver.

Works for me.

Cheers - Dave

Ratchet throttle removal real flight 8

I had to spread this info. When I opened my RF-X Interlink-X controller on my Real flight 8 I discovered that there are two rows on the ratchet throttle. One with notches and one without. All that was needed was to use a second row of screw holes and move the sping tensioner over to the smooth row. No tubing or straws,no flipping of the spring etc. Just my two cents but I had to register because it was so easy I wanted to spread the word. Now I have a Heli radio on my simulator.:) Hope this helps someone else. 3dwannab2

I had to spread this info. When I opened my RF-X Interlink-X controller on my Real flight 8 I discovered that there are two rows on the ratchet throttle. One with notches and one without. All that was needed was to use a second row of screw holes and move the sping tensioner over to the smooth row. No tubing or straws,no flipping of the spring etc. Just my two cents but I had to register because it was so easy I wanted to spread the word. Now I have a Heli radio on my simulator.:) Hope this helps someone else. 3dwannab2

InterLink-X is not the same controller as the interlink plus or elite. What you did only applies to the InterLink-X controller.

Interlink X

I haven’t seen the correct response to this, so I am throwing my .02 in. Open the back of the controller. Remove the metal tensioning bar from the ratcheting wheel. Move the metal ratcheting bar to the smooth wheel, which is located right next to the ratcheting wheel. Reinstall the metal tensioning bar just as you took it off. The amount of tension is controlled by the long adjustment screw on the bottom of the metal tensioning bar. I like my throttle tension set with the adjustment screw all the way down. Holds position, but it’s easy to move.

Attachments

• 8BD4462D-D6E7-4AE5-B209-6002BAD338F2.jpeg
    8BD4462D-D6E7-4AE5-B209-6002BAD338F2.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 993A813C-DF24-4679-BE41-69AB066B5135.jpeg
    993A813C-DF24-4679-BE41-69AB066B5135.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 6
Back