Replacement Interlink controller?

mobius1

My friend somehow did something to my Interlink controller and the channel used for pitch isn't working (It won't spring back to resting position) :( , is there a replacement Interlink controller?

mobius1 said:
My friend somehow did something to my Interlink controller and the channel used for pitch isn't working (It won't spring back to resting position) :( , is there a replacement Interlink controller?
Call support and explain the problem,
they should be able to fix or replace the damaged controller.

Good Luck,
Frank...

What problem...?

mobius1 said:

You state that the pitch control won't spring back to resting position. That is the left stick on mode 2 interlinks and isn't supposed to "spring back". If I'm interpreting your post correctly, there is nothing wrong with your interlink...

I have the same problem which I was told by tech support is covered under warranty
the problem is probably the same I have.
Upon looking inside the controller, there's a plastic arm with a pin and a spring that pivots on a pin that's integral to that arm.it's molded as one piece and unfortunately the pin part is only about 1/32" diameter so it breaks off real easy.
Your friend probably didn't do anything to cause it other than use it.
mine just went like that while I was flying .
Felt it just give way and heard a "SPROING" and that's all she wrote.
I opened it up and took out the spring just to make sure it doesn't short anythingout internally and plugged a transmitter in for now 'till spring.

Can't go a week or two and not be able to fly!!

I bet if you shake the controller and listen you'll hear it rattling around in there.

Oops, did I mention that the throtle is on the left side. I didn't know the difference between mode 1 and mode 2.

Even though I've already started a thread I thought I would chime in. Last week I was just flying around when the throttle stick started to catch and then got stuck to where it would only move from half throttle to full. Then the next day before I called them I was flying and the right stick {aileron} made a sproing noise and now there is no tension on the right stick and no center place. I called them and they said to just send it in under warranty, and that was about it. How long does the warranty last?
Then a couple of days ago the left stick popped back to where now it is working, yet the right stick is still screwed up. I can even hear something banging around in there when I shake it! Should I take it apart and try to fix it, or would that void the warranty?

thejohnchapman said:
I just had my SECOND controller go the same way. I really wish I'd purchased FS one.

FS One uses a cheaper controller which is MUCH easier to break.

While there were a rash of controllers with some problems I have yet to have any problems with all three of mine.

Could it be that you may be a bit harder on the controller than you realize?

At least with my game consoles I find that if I'm really into a game, I may forget how much force I'm exerting on the controller.

In any case contact tech support, and tell them you have had two that have done exactly the same thing.

I have the Futaba radio that shares a case with this controller.

It seems to use the same control mechanism... I'd hate to think that you're out there with a real plane, mashing on the sticks so hard that you're breaking the centering mechanism. :p

Secound Controler Broke today.........! ! ! !

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I Bought RF 3.5 in Nov and the First Controler Borke on me after 21 days. I took it back to the Hobbie store I got it from. Tthey said " A lot of times the spring just pops off. " they opend it and said Nope, I is DOA " so they gave me the one off there old 3.5 demo computer because they just upgreaded to 4 . It broke tonight the same way. This time Left and Right instead of Up and down.

I know, I know , Contact support, It is 10:00 at night and I have to work all day tomarrow too, and there not going to be open on the weekend and it is a long one. Man :( This scares me, I have a Futaba Dx7 on order. Are the same gimbles install on that.

Is there another USB RC controler/joystick that will work with RF ???

I wonder if Futaba Cop know how many people are mad at these cheap
controlers and how many people get truned off on the Futaba brand.

I know , like I read in the other post of broken controlers, you neve hear about people wrighting in and saying, how there controler worked just fine to day with out any problems, But still 21 day for the New out of Box one and 90 day for the used one. I know it Futaba made a Car, and my first two broke I would not buy a third. :cool:

VENT ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( steam pressure back to normal ).

Junkboy999 said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I Bought RF 3.5 in Nov and the First Controler Borke on me after 21 days. I took it back to the Hobbie store I got it from. Tthey said " A lot of times the spring just pops off. " they opend it and said Nope, I is DOA " so they gave me the one off there old 3.5 demo computer because they just upgreaded to 4 . It broke tonight the same way. This time Left and Right instead of Up and down.

I know, I know , Contact support, It is 10:00 at night and I have to work all day tomarrow too, and there not going to be open on the weekend and it is a long one. Man :( This scares me, I have a Futaba Dx7 on order. Are the same gimbles install on that.

Is there another USB RC controler/joystick that will work with RF ???

I wonder if Futaba Cop know how many people are mad at these cheap
controlers and how many people get truned off on the Futaba brand.

I know , like I read in the other post of broken controlers, you neve hear about people wrighting in and saying, how there controler worked just fine to day with out any problems, But still 21 day for the New out of Box one and 90 day for the used one. I know it Futaba made a Car, and my first two broke I would not buy a third. :cool:

VENT ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( steam pressure back to normal ).
Well you could use your own controller while you wait, just plug up the G3 controller with you're personal controller and you will be all set! :)

-Blade

I don't think so...

...quote {"I have a Futaba Dx7 on order."} quote

The Dx7 is made by Spektrum ( aka JR ) therefore is not a Futaba. So it can't have the same gimbals. Sorry about your interface problem, but many users have opened up the back and fixed the broken pin with everything from a servo screw to a piece of piano wire and super glue. Good luck, from what I hear it's not that hard of a fix.

Last edited:
Shipped date is zeroed out.

When I went to Hobby services this morning, I noticed that the shipped date was 00-00-00. What is this? Thanks

Back