Replacement Interlink controller?

mobius1 said:
When it was received by hobby services, the shipped date said 02-21-08 or 02-23-08. now it's 00-00-00.
This is a user forum. It's also occasionaly visited by KE personel. I've never seen a GreatPlanes person here, that I know of. My point is that nobody here can give you an accurate answer. You'll have to call tech support, and ask them. They are Great Planes, who are servicing your issue.

Broke again lol

I didn't know how fragile this piece of equipment is. Surely it is. I was using this while on RFG3.5, and I notice the left stick (again) was jammed to the -1 mark on the interlink (the effect on the elevators was a deflection on a small degree), I tried to fix it myself then #@$% looks like history is trying to repeat itself! Yep same situation different times. Should they reinforce (more protection, can take more knocks and bumps) the controller? I did run it a few times BEFORE it BROKE.

It would be nice if the casing was made of a harder plastic or lightweight metal instead of a chunk of petroleum. I'm just sick of this fragile equipment that breaks after two months.

mobius1 said:
It would be nice if the casing was made of a harder plastic or lightweight metal instead of a chunk of petroleum. I'm just sick of this fragile equipment that breaks after two months.

Which would drive the price up another $50.00.

mobius1, contrary to common belief the Interlink Plus controller is not your typical video game controller. It is, for all intent and purpose, a seven channel Futaba radio and should be treated as such.

If that game controller in your hand cost you $250 you wouldn't be throwing it around, you wouldn't be slamming the sticks side to side or pulling them to one side and letting them go ... you probably would've been shown the proper way to treat your radio when you took you first flying lesson. Treat the Controller like a $250 Futaba radio and it might actually last. It's not a piece of crap and it's not a toy ...

One thing that is all too common with computer controllers... we exert a LOT of force on them in normal use without knowing!

If you've ever played a good ( decently written, compelling story, high action ) video game, in the "heat" of a gun fight you can grip the controller tightly and push the sticks VERY hard w/o realizing you are doing so.

You would be less prone to do so with your real TX...

I have had both the G2 and G3 controllers and have never had one break. ( knock on wood ) If you were to open a Futaba radio you would also find a plastic gambit. The controller is no different. Yes there are some that can come from the Factory bad but as I have read many times in other threads, how long the controller last will also depend on how you treat it.

Not only has my second controller been DOA for a couple months now, but my email to tech support is being ignored - same duration.

Same as last time.

An, no, no extraordinary forces on the switch. Just a little, stupid plastic pin that breaks same place for many, many users.

thejohnchapman said:
Just a little, stupid plastic pin that breaks same place for many, many users.
I understand your frustration, but why do you speak for other customers? I don't doubt that it didn't break due to abuse, but this is not a problem with most users. Have you tried the email address for GreatPlanes support? Remember, KE can't help you with this problem. You're also better off to call support, instead of emailing them. They really are helpful, in my opinion.

thejohnchapman said:
Not only has my second controller been DOA for a couple months now, but my email to tech support is being ignored - same duration.

Maybe because this is not the way to get the Interlink replaced/repaired??

thejohnchapman said:
Same as last time.

An, no, no extraordinary forces on the switch. Just a little, stupid plastic pin that breaks same place for many, many users.

I've been using the G3 interlink AND the G4 interlink for years now.

Neither has broken on me.

If you take the number of users who post a problem with it breaking here, and multiply by 10 ( there is a ratio of 1 person who is vocal for every 10 who are not as with any industry.) then the ratio of problematic Interlinks versus sold units seems to be fairly low.

While you may have run into some bad luck, this is not the norm if the Interlink is treated like any TX.

phrank said:
You can't.
Unless you buy a used copy, then now you have a spare set of backup discs. :p
Yeah, phrank. Like opjose said: you don't have to settle for a used set of "backup" discs :D

Back