Replacement Interlink controller?

same problem.. kinda

yeah, i had the same problem, but mine is the official one ( i.e from the box came with the CD ), it was working fine then tonight I went to go use it and for some reason the right stick will pop back into place going up and down, but it won't go left to right and pop back, and it isn't controling the plane the way it shoudl when i move it right or left, only slightly to when I want to turn right and none when I turn right! Can I fix this myself at home, because my real foamie just like got all melted inside and the wiring started smoking.. but thats neither here nor there atm, I don't feel like boxing it and waiting for a new one to come after waiting for them to do it themselves when I could have done it in like 5 mine at home with a screwdriver and some super glue.. any help would be greatly appreciated! :) EDIT: BTW I've only had it for like a few months, and I havn't used it heavily, but once I was gonna start of course it breaks >.< oops it's actually g4.5 but it should still be the same problem.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone can stop you if you want to try to fix it at home. It's probably broken plastic and not a popped spring, though. I doubt you'd have much luck. It'd probably void your warranty. Your better off to contact tech support. http://gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm

Potentiometer Help

I had my controler hinge pin for the elevator stick break a couple months back so I drilled the gimbal housing and inserted a small rivet with CA and all has been fine. Now I noticed no throttle control. Upon inspection I noticed the Pot. has come apart. I tried to reafix the back with thick CA but it wont hold. Does anyone know the Ohm Value for this Pot? :confused: I tried some from Radio Shack and the values must be too low because it requires +- 270 degrees to get from idle to full throttle. Obviously the stick travel is +- 45 degrees. My existing one is broken to the point I cannot use it for the test.

Last edited:
I have not called support yet. I figured I had voided the warrenty with the attempted repairs. Although I had a similar problem with a new JR 9303 during a pattern contest . We managed to repair temporarly the Ail. stick assembly so I could finish the day. JR properly repaired the gimbal with no questions asked. I never put any undue stress on the JR but I know that the RF Trans has fallen from the top of my computer tower case on to the carpet a few times. If I can get my hands on a Pot. with the correct values I will fix it myself.

If you can't fix it yourself, tech support can, warranty or not. Good luck, hope you can find a pot. I know a place in Dayton, OH that would have it, if anyone would. It's a surplus store, and you have to root for what you need.

I won't go to "warez"

If I understand this correctly from what I've read and been told, it is not possible to buy another controller separately. (it's not my fault she threw it away...is it?)
More than one person has told me to go to "warez" and get a dongle and get the new program while your there, then buy one of those $15.00 simulator controllers. Like the title says "I won't go to warez", but you can bet your biscuit I won't buy this UN-"greatFUL plainsin-the-butt
knife edgein-the-back brand ever again.

That being said, now my upbringing tells me to apologize for making less intelligent comments. I'm sorry.

It still pisses me off that I have to change brands. guess I'll check and see what Phoenix's policy on replacement parts is.

Thank you for continued support,
Please pull up to the second window

Well, that whole post was ... interesting.
mcdteamviewer said:
(it's not my fault she threw it away...is it?)
I'm sure you noticed at your LHS or doing research on RF online that the software comes with a mode 1 or mode 2 controller. Maybe it's just me, but not getting the controller would have been a red flag for me. You're not the first to have a post like that. It's too bad people don't ask BEFORE they give their money away. Why would you be mad at Knife Edge?

Last edited:
mcdteamviewer said:
It still pisses me off that I have to change brands. guess I'll check and see what Phoenix's policy on replacement parts is.
I AGREE !
having to settle for an inferior product from RF's competition would make me mad too!

Last edited:
mcdteamviewer said:
(it's not my fault she threw it away...is it?)
Well maybe........
1 ......You should have told her how much you REALLY spent :p
and explained to her how valuable that piece of hardware was
or
2 .....She knew , and then She actually did what mine has threatened to do with my Interlink ............... It's your fault you forgot to hide it when you left the house :p

Last edited:
This is an old problem dating back to the G2 days. Some controllers has this problem and some didn't. One of mine did and the other didn't. And it has nothing to do with being rough or not. As the pin will drop solely by mere gravity alone. The hole is too large for the pin and the pin just falls out on its own. The fix is just gluing the pin in the hole and that takes care of it.

mcdteamviewer said:
If I understand this correctly from what I've read and been told, it is not possible to buy another controller separately. (it's not my fault she threw it away...is it?)

Well actually it is!

Either you did not specify the cost and importance of the controller, or you left it lying about... either way you're partially responsible.

mcdteamviewer said:
More than one person has told me to go to "warez" and get a dongle and get the new program while your there, then buy one of those $15.00 simulator controllers.

The whole point of the Interlink is to make the "warez" problematic for you!

Oops no updates, etc...

mcdteamviewer said:
Like the title says "I won't go to warez", but you can bet your biscuit I won't buy this UN-"greatFUL plainsin-the-butt
knife edgein-the-back brand ever again.

Not the best logic there...

mcdteamviewer said:

You don't - HAVE - to change brands, you imply that you are electing to, which is NOT the same thing.

interlink number rubbed out

i cannot read the serial number on my interlink controller is there any way to get a replacement

Your Best course of action would be to contact, Great Planes Software Support.
Check the Gray Bar at the top of the Forum.
Contact Via Telephone, if possible, is always the best/fastest way, to get your problem resolved. (during their work hours)

Back