Replacing broken switch on Spektrum Interlink DX controller

Dips

Hi Legends. I am very sad to say I have broken the right hand 3 position switch on my Interlink DX controller. I can solder luckily, can anyone please advise / share a link for me to order a replacement switch I will buy a few as spare. Any advice or videos would be much appreciated. Thanks guys I LOVE 9.5!

Probably easiest to take the switch to a local electronics store like Radio Shack and I'm sure you'll find a suitable replacement. Just draw yourself a little wiring diagram before you unsolder the wires.

Also, most of those little switches have numbers on them so you may be able to google those to see what's available on the internet shops.

Last edited:
Probably easiest to take the switch to a local electronics store like Radio Shack and I'm sure you'll find a suitable replacement. Just draw yourself a little wiring diagram before you unsolder the wires.

Also, most of those little switches have numbers on them so you may be able to google those to see what's available on the internet shops.
thanks

Hi Legends. I am very sad to say I have broken the right hand 3 position switch on my Interlink DX controller. I can solder luckily, can anyone please advise / share a link for me to order a replacement switch I will buy a few as spare. Any advice or videos would be much appreciated. Thanks guys I LOVE 9.5!
With the demise of Radio Shack, the only resource left seems to be Amazon. I never could find a Long Handle 3-position switch for my Spektrum radio. They only carried the short handle version.

With the demise of Radio Shack, the only resource left seems to be Amazon. I never could find a Long Handle 3-position switcerth h for my Spektrum radio. They only carried the short handle version.
Thanks mate. I'm not savvy enough to choose the correct switch as I'm a noob and a hands on tradesman in Australia. J Car is the closest thing to a Radio Shack here in Perth so I will try my luck at a handful of differnent switches. Hopefully one physically fits the mold plus I will brush the cobwebs off my soldering iron which is always good practice. I refuse to believe SPEKTRUM dont offer replacements in all popularity and all. I have emailed them but awaiting a reply.....

Thanks mate. I'm not savvy enough to choose the correct switch as I'm a noob and a hands on tradesman in Australia. J Car is the closest thing to a Radio Shack here in Perth so I will try my luck at a handful of differnent switches. Hopefully one physically fits the mold plus I will brush the cobwebs off my soldering iron which is always good practice. I refuse to believe SPEKTRUM dont offer replacements in all popularity and all. I have emailed them but awaiting a reply.....
With the demise of Radio Shack, the only resource left seems to be Amazon. I never could find a Long Handle 3-position switch for my Spektrum radio. They only carried the short handle version.

Try ebay. A search using "3 position toggle switch r/c" brings up a bunch of them.
Thanks mate I will do. I did get a single pole double throw switch that fits from the nearest electronics store (only with a very short round toggle) hopefully it doesn't annoy me too much. I am learning ! Hopefully my soldering is better than my knowledge of this hobby. I understand planes and the physics / functions but not the rc components, IT tech side of this great hobby. Cheers

Last edited:

Thanks mate I will do. I did get a single pole double throw switch that fits from the nearest electronics store (only with a very short round toggle) hopefully it doesn't annoy me too much. I am learning ! Hopefully my soldering is better than my knowledge of this hobby. I understand planes and the physics / functions but not the rc components, IT tech side of this great hobby. Cheers

I've ordered what appear to be identical 3 position switches from ebay some labeled in the title as FrSky and some Flysky as nothing for Spektrum. In the meantime I got a very short round toggled switch today from electronics store that fits, now to solder and leave you good people in peace

Another alternative you might look into would be if you happen to have an old radio or interlink controller you no longer need, you could canabilize it for parts.

Another alternative you might look into would be if you happen to have an old radio or interlink controller you no longer need, you could canabilize it for parts.
sadly no but I do have a Taranis Limited edition carbon fiber fully upgraded I bought 3 yrs ago and have never used and plan to sell. I love the idea behind it but every time I try again to get it and the new gyro FrSky reciever up and going I get so swamped with conflicting youtube vids (depending on date of vid to date of software to date of hardware) and instructions all my enthusiasm gets sucked out of me and the hobby feels like a horrible frustrating chore and I lose interest entirely for 6-12months. Too much software programs not enough hands on for my level of skills in IT world I dont have the time or dedication for that unfortunately, but I still love looking at it and admiring its endless power and possibilities!

Last edited:
Back