Request Aircraft Here!

maxkop said:
Just relax Kahloq:) It is very difficult to get an airplane in G3 without using 3dsmax. My A5M Claude is now finished and have finallly got permission from the original designer. I only have to go through the physical properties, and make the plane "flyable" :) Release is today or tomorrow.

Heh, Im not getting all uptight :) I was just pointing out the lack by RealFlight to include some of the more popular planes.

Your model looks really good btw. I look forward to it being finished.

wiil like

Here is the wish list :

1./ Funtana 90

2.- GP UCANDO 90

3.- GP Patty Wagstaff 1/4

4.- Carden Edge

5.- Flatout Turmoil

Cap232 said:
I would like a TOC Cap232 40% and a Eflite Patriote like the one I got and a electric chipmunk 400 EP I also have it the chipmunk is a Carl Goldburg models ARF

Well I can help you out with the Cap232 request. I've been working on this Cap232 for awhile now and the 3Dmodel is almost finished and I really just need to get motivated and paint this sucker :eek: (been putting it off for awhile now). Texture mapping a plane like this can be a real chore and I kinda dread doing it :(

Anyway here a teaser pic for ya...

Attachments

• CAP232 Sample_01.jpg
    CAP232 Sample_01.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 122
3DkId said:
Here is the wish list :

1./ Funtana 90

2.- GP UCANDO 90

3.- GP Patty Wagstaff 1/4

4.- Carden Edge

5.- Flatout Turmoil

Let's see...

GP UCANDO 90

The U-Can-Do model is in the G3 add-on's pack. Larger models can be made by merely adjusting the scaling. - This one is effectively done.

GP Patty Wagstaff 1/4

Patty flies an Extra. You can change the colorscheme on a copy of an Extra and you'll have this plane. Just modify it's size... - Done

Carden Edge

This one is based upon the Edge Model, but is a bit longer. You could use one of the existing planes to model this. - Done

Flatout Turmoil - Already on the G3 add-ons disk. - Done -

Funtana 90 - Take Nemo's post and merely make it larger... - Done -

Wow you did very well!

aa

anyone can tell me where to download a TGA editor ! or how to edit the TGA format so i can edit the Colour Schemes !

3DkId said:
anyone can tell me where to download a TGA editor ! or how to edit the TGA format so i can edit the Colour Schemes !

Paintshop and Adobe Photoshop both do TGA.

If you do not have either of these, google for "The Gimp" which is an excellent FREE program that is in the same league (some argue better!) as Photoshop.

Cap232 update

Well I just sent a nice letter to Mike Goulian asking his permission to do a "Castrol Aviator" scheme for my Cap232 model. Ill let you know if he says yes :)

Attachments

• snf04_goulian_9232.jpg
    snf04_goulian_9232.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 109
I would like to see more pylon racers,scale helicopters (with scale rotor heads),and scale GA aircraft.

well paints almost complete and still no permission...

Attachments

• sample_22.jpg
    sample_22.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 62
  • sample_21.jpg
    sample_21.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 88
FlyGuy said:
well paints almost complete and still no permission...

Well, you could always post a plane with a more generic colorscheme...

Then a nice paint template... and let us do the rest!

Is there any easy way to figure out the texture mappings?

I've been trying to do a Patty Wagstaff plane but I can't seem to align the textures properly.

opjose said:
Well, you could always post a plane with a more generic colorscheme...

Then a nice paint template... and let us do the rest!

Is there any easy way to figure out the texture mappings?

I've been trying to do a Patty Wagstaff plane but I can't seem to align the textures properly.

*we are getting way off topic and should probably start a new thread :rolleyes:

"Is there any easy way to figure out the texture mappings?"

I need u to clarify this question, are u talking about doing a re-paint of an existing bird or doing a texture map from scratch?

"I've been trying to do a Patty Wagstaff plane but I can't seem to align the textures properly"

This depends on the way tha plane was mapped, for example you cannot do the checker pattern on the cowl of the Extras that come on the add-ons.

FlyGuy said:
*we are getting way off topic and should probably start a new thread :rolleyes:

"Is there any easy way to figure out the texture mappings?"

I need u to clarify this question, are u talking about doing a re-paint of an existing bird or doing a texture map from scratch?

An existing bird such as one of Derek's Extra 3x0's.

FlyGuy said:
"I've been trying to do a Patty Wagstaff plane but I can't seem to align the textures properly"

This depends on the way tha plane was mapped, for example you cannot do the checker pattern on the cowl of the Extras that come on the add-ons.

Is that because this texture is part of the 3D object itself?

Is there any place where there is an indication, image, etc. that shows the boundries on a mapped texture?

With other programs such as Lock-on, people released some very nice PSD template files that had a layer which displayed the boundry areas for each part of the plane. You could use these as a guide then turn off the layer prior to exporting the finished work... very nice.

Last edited:
FlyGuy said:
Could you show me a pic of "Derek's Extra 3x0's" so I know which plane your talking about?

Sorry I meant "Rick's".

330s_3d.jpg

at http://www.rfmodels.com/

Thanks.

I got the wings mapped properly but I'm having problems trying to figure out the fuselage mapping.

When I export the existing scheme, there is nothing to help me out.

Back