Request for a model of a scratch build plane

vanstrien

Hi folks.

I’m just getting into RC planes and decided that RealFlight would be a good starting point. So far I’ve learned that I crash a lot. :) My goal is to get good enough that I can teach my two young sons to crash less than me.

Due to the cost of repairs I’ve decided to go the scratch-build route. My first plane is MikeysRC FPV v3 with a couple of small alterations. http://mikeysrc.com/FPV_V3.html It isn’t the most attractive plane but it is a slow flyer and does OK with the winds where I live.

Is there anyone who would be willing to model this for me? I tried the Blender route but that isn't likely to work for me. The model is almost all flat lines except for the airfoil on the bottom wing. The hardest part is probably the fact that there are internal, hard to reach spots.

If you can model it, I’d really appreciate being able to practice with my boys in RF before their first flights.

The changes I made from the original design include a motor that is now centered between the top wing and the vertical fuselage about six inches from the rear.The front platform is also now flat and has a vertical support underneath it that goes back just barely into the battery hold. The color doesn’t matter - go nuts.

Some notable dimensions:
  • The bottom wing is 40 inches across and 26 inches from back to front
  • The battery hold is 15” by 5” at the bottom
  • The top wing is also 40” wide but from the back comes only 20” forward. There is a slight
  • The center vertical is 3.5” tall and comes from the very back to just under the tip of the top wing
  • The side supports are 5.5” tall by about 6-8” in length
  • The rudder juts out the back about 3”. It is about 9” tall.
  • In the rudder, top wing and center vertical support is the toughest part: the space for the prop. I use a 9x6 and therefore have a space about 1.5” deep and 5.5” in every direction.

DUuiyNg.jpg

MO0WEw4.jpg

Any chance of getting direct shots of the parts from the top, side, and front? With as little perspective as possible? These would be necessary to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks for asking Abaser.

Somehow I completely forgot to include a ruler in this photo. However the measurements are exactly as they are in the plans.

You'll see some additional writing on the bits I cutout because of me moving the propeller lower and further back.

2WNguW4.jpg

I tried again this weekend to see if I could create the model myself using open source tools but I didn't get to far before the roadblocks were too much.

Although it is really an, uh, unusual looking model, this plane really does fly great for beginners. I still fly it regularly and plan on teaching my sons on it.

If anyone is able to do better than me creating it for RF7 my boys and I would really appreciate it!

Back