Request for an Slightly Off topic forum to be added

csgill75

Jim or Ryan, Is it possible that we could get a Forum added that is not necessarily for any particular version of Realflight? A place where us Regulars and new people alike, can chat about Items that instead of relating directly to a realflight version, covers a broader array of topics, Like PC hardware for instance? Things like PC hardware configs could be shared and how it relates to Realflight performance. It would help keep out off topic posts in the various threads and keep all the information separate from the Realflight threads. It would be appreciated. :)

Or stuff in general, like actual RC aircraft, flying fields, clubs, and the politics involved?

Or stuff in general, like actual RC aircraft, flying fields, clubs, and the politics involved?

There already are forums for that, I would like a forum here for general topics that don't really relate to any particular version of RealFlight, but are still loosely related to the sim.

While we do want to keep discussion related to our software, as you note there are things that are tangentially or indirectly related which can sometimes feel like a gray area.

I'm comfortable with that existing in whichever RealFlight forum feels most appropriate. I expect most of the time that will be the forum for the latest version of the software (currently RealFlight 8), and probably not any of the Designer's Corner forums. I think all that stuff is of general interest, and we're not so large that we need to further segregate.

Don't hesitate to start new threads for new topics. In general they lead to greater clarity and better organization. Plus it's always nice when a thread is actually about what it says it is. ;)

Back