Request Physics setup for SkyHero Spy

TheJGits

Greetings everyone!

I've been asked to model up the Sky-Hero Spy Y-6 to toss into RF7. To learn the 3DS Max setup for exporting to RF I modeled up a test helicopter (it's a little silly) just to make sure I could successfully import a model into RF. Because it was essentially a 1 for 1 copy of the hierarchy & naming of the sample helicopter but with different geometry, it worked without any hitches.

So I've modeled up the skyhero spy, and imported it into RF using the quadcopter as a base. The model imported just fine (the spinners are rotating on the wrong axis though despite rotating the pivots in 3dsMax), but RF7 would error out and crash whenever there was controller input. So I went into the aircraft editor pretty much deleted everything that was quadcopter, and realigned the parts as best I could, and it's no longer crashing. The only problem is, it's not flying (ya know, cause I deleted all the electronics and such).

I know literally nothing about RC helicopters or planes, so I was wondering if anyone here could help me out by setting up the physics for this model.

I've attached some screenshots for your reference:

Thanks!

PS. just wanted to note that there are a few aesthetic changes that I still need to make, mostly material fixes

Attachments

• rf7AircraftEditor1.jpg
    rf7AircraftEditor1.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 13
  • rf7AircraftEditor2.jpg
    rf7AircraftEditor2.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 15
  • rf7CustomCraft.jpg
    rf7CustomCraft.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 23
I know a Numskully that might like that Heli in the last picture.:D

If I can get some help with the spy I can always finish texturing the skullicopter and upload it for you guys :D. I was also thinking about adding some "flames" coming off the back for the good ol flying flaming skull effect, but my priority is getting the spy to work.

Back