Resource Library

abaser

Is there any interest in a thread where a modeler could post links, tutorials, or other valuable resources? If so, let the fun begin. If not, I’ll delete in a couple days.

Boof69 could you post links to your Acro Sport model build, (10 model ride along episodes) a wealth of information in those videos.

Boof69 could you post links to your Acro Sport model build, (10 model ride along episodes) a wealth of information in those videos.
This is the ride along playlist
For those of you that don't know, these videos start from finding the airplane diagrams online to splitting them in photoshop to then import onto image planes for reference images in 3dsmax. Then modeling a bi-plane.
No time-lapse is used. it's real time modeling a full airplane (I think. Not totally sure i finished it 100%).
It's a tedious and long playlist but you will know a lot about 3ds max and designing a model by the end.
It seems at some point I lost or deleted video 4 so sorry about that.

Can smoke and fire be added to an AP scenery ?
Yes it can … I have several airports with that. Takes several smoke emitters. I mixed Smoke Emitter color(s) of Red and Yellow/Orange for the flames and your choice of Black/Gray for smoke. I have the yellow and Red going different heights and different size rates and of course the Gray extended beyond both. All those are subject to the effect desired.

Takes a little experimenting with size, opacity, smoke rate and velocity, but looks pretty good when done.
There is one in the Airport "Area 61" posted on these swap pages if you like to take a look as a starting point.

Last edited:
Would be great to have links to info. Could there be an index system or look-up system. May get to be a large listing.

Would be great to have links to info. Could there be an index system or look-up system. May get to be a large listing.
You can always search a particular thread only for what you’re looking for. I’m dealing with some very difficult personal issues at the time, but when I get back to things on a normal basis I’ll look into maybe airing the first post to include any link given so far and try to keep it updated as it grows.

@UT, This is a link to My Youtube Channel where I have most of my tutorials.
Thanks Boof, wasn`t what I was looking though, I was looking for what you sent to asj5547,...THOSE tutorials are what I found extremely useful, as well as the box trainer tute, they cover EVERY aspect of modeling a plane in Max from start to finish... ;) :D :D Thank you very much for posting them. NOW, if we only get them in a "STICKY", Do you think that`s possible.???

You can always search a particular thread only for what you’re looking for. I’m dealing with some very difficult personal issues at the time, but when I get back to things on a normal basis I’ll look into maybe airing the first post to include any link given so far and try to keep it updated as it grows.
I understand what your saying. Sometimes the searches are ambiguous depending on how a person words the search. However it still would be good to have info in one spot.

Hope you get your personal issues sorted out in a lasting and timely manner !

For Boof69,
I think I remember seeing a video, that had your Fire Boss in it, that showed it on a lake. There was a, what looked like, a boat house with a dock attached. Do you remember what scenery that was ? Or was I mistaken.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1583059437.jpg
    ScreenShot1583059437.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 21
Back