Revised Tutorial for Creating own RC Models

soumynona

Hello Community,

I am quite a novice in modeling my own aircraft in RealFlight. However, I am enjoying the process so far.

But I am at some point stuck now and would hope for your assistance.

I have created a 3D-Model, unwrapped it and colored the TGA Files. The TGAs and the FBX Files are in the same directory. But I still get the error, that RF can't file the Texture files. Would you have an advise would could be wrong?

Because 3ds-max is quite expensive, I wanted to approach it by using Open Source Software (Blender and Gimp). I did my research, but the things I could fin in the Forum, are either quite old (or outdated) or focusiing on 3ds-max. If I was just too blind and overlooked it, apologies, but do you have also an advice of a recent Tutorial, providing step by step how to get from a 3D-Model to an imported aircraft in RF Evolution?

I am aware of a quite popular thread (https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/how-to-build-your-own-models.20971/) but I seem to fail connecting the dots and put all the indiviudal hints in the right order to produce a working model.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Back