RF 6 Closes on airport change

PeterKozub

Hello All

I am running RF 6

And cannot switch Air ports RF closes "crash" and have search old posts and i see in past post this is a issue.

Has this been resolved

Setch Equipment LIst

DC

2 New Carlson Surveyor Plus
Carlson SurvCE Ver 3.02
Carlson SurvCE Ver 3.02

Robot

Leica TS12
Type TS12 P 2" R400
S.N. 269895
Art No. 791307
Equipment No. 4944492

GPS

Sokkia Gsr1700Csx RTK L1 Two rovers, One base
post process soft Spectrum Ver 4.21 L1 dongle
Satel 3ASd 1 watt, Stubby, 15cm, 30 cm GainFlex.

Computer

Xi Computer S/N: 037019

Nvidia Quadro K6000

Monitor 1 HPZR30w
Monitor 2 HPZR30w
Monitor 3 Center Asus PQ321

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHZ
Corsair Force 3 SSD 502 GB
Corsair Force 3 SSD 502 GB

Mem 24.0 GB
Win 7 64.0 Bit Clean install for autocad 2014 May 2014
no other games or AV

Autodesk C3D 2014 subscription Service pack 1

AVG Antivirus

HP 111 Roll feed 24" plotter.

Not enough information posted to be of any help.

Please upload a diagnostic dump from Realflight 6.5 not from 6.0.

My last computer with RF 6.5 did that about once every 3 times I changed airports. It closed and said "RealFlight 6.5 has crashed. Would you like to send an error report to KnifeEdge?" I tried clicking yes and no, it never stopped. A few months ago I switched my RF6.5 to a laptop. Since then it hasn't crashed once, and I use it almost every day! My desktop had Windows 7, and my laptop has Windows Vista.
Hope this helps with some info.
-RG

Yup, that just goes to show that the problem was inherent with the configuration of the particular machine.

Often lack of resources comes into play, video drivers, etc.

Sometimes a "clean" Windows re-installation is the only way to eliminate hard to find problems.

Yup, that just goes to show that the problem was inherent with the configuration of the particular machine.

Often lack of resources comes into play, video drivers, etc.

Sometimes a "clean" Windows re-installation is the only way to eliminate hard to find problems.

Yeah. My desktop had a lot of saved documents, downloads, programs, etc. My laptop ONLY has RF 6.5, Microsoft FSX, Google Chrome, Anti-Virus software, and the pre-installed programs from the factory. So there's a significant increase of space on my laptop over my desktop.
RG

I didn't mean to imply that I was referring to disk space, rather your older machine may have had a bunch of things installed that allocate memory space, driver functions, etc...

It is likely that a clean install of Windows will cure the problems with the other computer.

Back