RF EVO on Lenovo ThinkBook

SS-Ouellet

I recently bought Real Flight Evolution, with the DX Controller, from Amazon. Since it arrived I've tried a few times to get it running on my Lenovo laptop (specs below) but I can't get the controller to do anything, even though I can graphically see the airplane on the runway and the amber light on the DX Controller show's that the controller is connected.

Specifications:
Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 13x Gen 2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Processor: Intel i5 EVO (no pun intended) - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1235U, 1300 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB

I followed the instructions -> installed Steam, added RealFlight Evolution, registered the Product Code, and selected PLAY. Everything seemed to go perfectly. The game launched, I could see a airplane on the tarmac, (red and white default trainer I'm guessing), and I was automatically zoomed in close to the aircraft so I could clearly see it's features, but there is no sound and I can't move anything i.e., control surfaces or accelerate. Nothing happens... When I Shift+Tab over to Steam, it says the simulation is running and tracking how much time has passed, but that's it.

Does anyone know what's going on with this? Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks,
SS-Ouellet

Install the DXVK-Intel-fix beta.
Intel has dropped support for DirectX9 on their 12th and 13th generation CPU's with integral GPU graphics, (DX9 is what RF runs on) the DXVK Intel Fix is a work around until the Realflight Development team can finish the update to DirectX12 software, load the beta and enjoy RF Evolution.

Attachments

• dxvk intel fix.jpg
    dxvk intel fix.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 5
That's sweet! I'm setup now, thank you both.

I first switched to the DXVK Beta per the images above - clear and direct instructions which was nice - but then I was getting an error message when I attempted to load the game. So I took a closer look into the first response/link above and it was pretty clear that I needed to update my Intel Driver. Since I've never done that specifically I wasn't sure how and that gave me pause. After a bit of reading, I decided to get the "Intel Drivers & Support Assistant" app, created an Intel account, and simply applied the updates (4) that were shown on the main page. One of the updates was the Intel Driver 31.0.101.4369.

When I attempted to load the game again I could tell it was behaving differently and then boom, I was asked to calibration my controller! Been crashing planes ever since :cool:

Just wanted to return detailed information. Thanks for the help - it's much appreciated. New RC Flayer on the loose...

SS-Ouellet

Last edited:
Good to hear you are flying and enjoying the simulator.
Talking of crashing aircraft, if you press the ~ key on your keyboard the commands screen opens, type in "showmethemoney" and hit the ~ (Tilde key) again to close the commands.
showmethemoney command displays a cost to repair the model, gets to be expensive, but now you have this incredible simulator to practice on and make you feel more confident going the field with a real-world model.
You could also type in "help" in the commands screen to see a list of all available.
Have fun crashing, err, I mean flying. :)

Good to hear you are flying and enjoying the simulator.
Talking of crashing aircraft, if you press the ~ key on your keyboard the commands screen opens, type in "showmethemoney" and hit the ~ (Tilde key) again to close the commands.
showmethemoney command displays a cost to repair the model, gets to be expensive, but now you have this incredible simulator to practice on and make you feel more confident going the field with a real-world model.
You could also type in "help" in the commands screen to see a list of all available.
Have fun crashing, err, I mean flying. :)
"Showmethemoney" - that's awesome, and the primary reason for getting this simulator. I love it. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back