RF Evo Transmitter Setup for Helicopter

jobinseattle

Hello,

I want to try to learn flying a helicopter. Can anyone point me in the right direction set that up on my radio to use on Real Flight Evolution?
I use a NX8 radio. I currently have it setup to fly fixed wing.

I have a couple of writeups about using Spektrum radios other than the InterLink DX. If you're using the NX8 via USB cable, see here. If you're wireless with a WS1000 or WS2000 USB receiver, see here.

There tends to be a sort of grey area when mapping inside the sim with a ws2000 wireless. Remember that the receiver will only take both gimbles (4Channels) Plus Collective Mixing (5Channels) A Hold OR Cut switch (6Channels) A Flight Mode Switch (7Channels) and finally one left of your choice (8Channels).

In the Sim, you do not need to configure anything on the transmitter other than the transmitted channel of your choice besides the inhibited helicopter mode mixing.

Inside the Sim, in radio select "Spektrum 7+Ch" profile, map and then calibrate-- in other words the sim does not pay attention to what the radio is actually programmed to do, only the signal at hand.

Carefully and only remap dual rates, Mode and Throttle hold to desired switches. Then calibrate.
--To most closely match the default simulator controller H is activated and mapped to Throttle hold. B is activated and mapped to Mode. C is activated and mapped to Dual rates/Expo.

When you calibrate, the sim will receive input as a slider. You must have all 3 pos switches on "1" center pos to calibrate correctly.

remember to "save as" a new radio profile (we are only using the default 8ch profile to organize the mapping for the Ws2000)

The flight mode, throttle curves and pitch-- and dual rate/expos on helis in the sim are already configured to each model in the sim and do not require any configurations on the transmitter.

Last edited:
Back