RF Evolution, Cannot find or create My documents directory.

dronemeister96

So I have purchased RF Evolution though Steam with the understanding that I can play it on any machine I own if I have steam installed and log in, install the software, etc. I have two desktop PCs running Windows 10. My PC at home works fine. The PC at my cabin gives me the error below. Attached screenshot. Can anyone help with this?

Seems I need to learn:
How to give permission to Realflight/Steam to write to my documents folder.
And/or
Create a shared folder in My Documents myself for the program to write to. What to name it? Seems the program should have done this itself. Not sure what is blocking it...

Attachments

• Realflight Evolution Install Error.png
    Realflight Evolution Install Error.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 16
  • RF Error 2.png
    RF Error 2.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The folder it's looking for by default is C:\Users\(your userid)\Documents\RealFlight Evolution.

If you have told Windows to move your "My Documents" folder, then it's going to be wherever that is Documents\RealFlight Evolution.

Out of curiosity, is the Windows login you used to install Steam and RealFlight the same login you're using to try and run it, and does that login for installing have Windows administrative privileges? I ask because this comes up once in a while, and I haven't see a definitive reason why.

Back