RF5 editor - defining rotation of foldable wings

pmmATT

Hello,
I would like to assign the rotation of the foldable wings in RF5 to channel 8.
Main Wing has two foldable wing ends that have pivots already defined.
Foldable wings have been linked to the Main Wing.

I have tried to add Symmetrical Wings to the Main Wing and assign a new servo to each foldable wing but it did not work.

I would be grateful for comments,
Matt

I know that there is a Swap Pages Corsair that does what you want to do... perhaps download it and look at the physics from that plane. The wings are on the channel 8 mode/Idle Up switch. That should just be a channel swap...

If you are talking about that particular plane... it would be a bigger problem as the flaps are already assigned to channel 6 flaps.

Name of aircraft is CorsairF4U-1 for your swap search.

You would get more/better help posting questions like this in a designer thread... question is kind of in between.

I have solved the problem with wings ( I have used Symmetrical Moveable Pods ) but there is another one: moving canopy setup.

I can make wings pivoting slowly and realistically and canopy sliding realistically as well but both movements are simultaneous using the 3 pos. switch and Channel 8.

Can these movements be independent? If not completely independent - can one servo be delayed, say 3 seconds w/r to the other? Is there any RF guide how to setup more complex physics for more complex airplanes?

Thanks,
Matt

Additional comments and partial solution,
I managed to create the following setup for the 3 pos. switch:
1. From neutral position down gives moderately fast canopy opening and slow folding of the wing ends. From down to neutral closes the canopy before the wing ends unfold.

Then, I fly the plane and, as preparation for the aircraft landing, I move the switch from neutral position up. This opens the Arrest Hook I have added recently.

During taxiing after landing I close the Hook, open the canopy and fold the wings.

Comment: I have not found yet any way to have wing ends, canopy and Hook movements completely independent from each other.

Perhaps somebody knows how to do it?
Matt

question most likely answered in your other thread
please don't double post the same question in this forum.... we all get itchy when that happens .

the guys here who posses the RF knowledge you seek ... all know to and always do , check the other sections its probably the first thing we all do right after log in

don't worry your question will be seen just as quickly no matter where you post it

if you put a thread in the wrong section by mistake (its happened) and it hasn't been responded to .....post it again in the correct section ...

if an sdmin sees the thread has some good info worth it own weight and his times sometimes they will move the thread for you ...but that makes '
em grumpy.....try to avoid that

..it gets too confusing other wise and the enthusiasm and desire to help diminish on pretty steep curve

this also makes a search for the next guy who may have the same question one day .easier and less confusing

.....yes 12 I mentioned the same in the other thread ....boof corsair has all 3 of the same input req..

also thinking it could be set up using conditional inputs .maybe how boof did it I don't remember an... but not really my dept.

Attachments

• forgive_n00b - Copy (2) - Copy.gif
    forgive_n00b - Copy (2) - Copy.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back