RF6 Heli Physics

mwilson914

Ok. I've had a little more time to play with RF6 this morning and I've just been flying heli's. I have to say I am nothing but impressed. I started leaning more towards a competitors sim for heli practice this year, but now, it's no question for me that RF6 is my goto sim for helis. KE has really nailed the physics this time around.

During tic-tocs, all orientations, the feel is so much more real than before. It also has a great feel performing piro-flips. The response overall is remarkable. Auto-rotations are wonderful and more realistic and it's great to perform blade-stop-autos.

Also, the one big gripe I had with G5+ versions of Realflight were the gyros were set with 50% override which caused the tail to spin wildly fast and with this setting, piro-flips were next to impossible. In RF6, the tails respond just right--I haven't checked the gyro settings. I've just been examining all the KE made aircraft I can unedited.

Overall, I am pleased with the changes and I say RF6 is definitely worth the upgrade. KE, you get 5 big smiles from me. :D :D :D :D :D

I would like to see what Mikeymike21 has to say since he's sponsered. I've seen him fly in the sim and videos of his real life performances, so I can vouch he is a great rc heli pilot.

Last edited:
So far my DDS creation errors are gone as well.

Normally after the third-fifth imported model I click on starting a DDS build on each I get a crash.

Today I did 22 non-stop without a crash or hiccup. Some took a while due to the large textures, but they worked never-the-less.

When are they shipping RF 6? I was at the local HS this morning thinking they'd have it, but they didn't. From what I'm seeing here, and reading. I gotta have one! I know we've been looking to get better Heli Physics with our sims, maybe now we have it! :)

Hi !

There is a problem with Paddlehelis. When you choose one and try to fly forward it seems that the game "forget" them and the heli fly like flybarless.

I need to change the Paddle Mixing in the Editor to 100%. But i think thats wrong. My T-Rex 600 Nitro, for example, has a mixing of 35% in G5.

maxx

maxx2504 said:
it seems that the game "forget" them and the heli fly like flybarless.
And after telling you yesterday I think your English is great! :rolleyes: Real flight is a "sim." not a "game!" :p :eek:

jeffpn said:
And after telling you yesterday I think your English is great! :rolleyes: Real flight is a "sim." not a "game!" :p :eek:

Ups ehm...i mean...ehm...the Sim "forgot" them...

I must go...cu :D

maxx

maxx2504 said:
Hi !

There is a problem with Paddlehelis. When you choose one and try to fly forward it seems that the game "forget" them and the heli fly like flybarless.

I need to change the Paddle Mixing in the Editor to 100%. But i think thats wrong. My T-Rex 600 Nitro, for example, has a mixing of 35% in G5.

maxx

Im finding the same issue. I think the rotorblades slow down too much with collective and cyclic movements. I set engine power to 400% and still have the same ballpark results.

I hope the blade stop feature isnt conflicting with normal flight characteristics.

Back