RF6 Right Number Keys dont work

Mikeymike21

For some reason the number keys on the right side no longer work as the number keys on top of the keyboard do.

I can no longer quickly remove navigation guides and other gadgets as my keyboard is on a sliding tray.

This is a minor inconvenience.

Not to sound demeaning, but did you make sure num lock is on?

I only ask because that is the kind of stuff I personally do all the time, and I mean ALL THE TIME.

I will see if it works on my PC later tonight after I get home. I've never brought up guides from the number pad, but will give it a go.

I see it too, Mikey. It kills me to have to agree with you!!! :eek:

I've always used the row of numbers across the top of the keyboard. I've never used the numberpad in RF.

We reworked the way input is handled internally in RF6, and that led to the change you describe.

You can still get the behavior you want, however! Add the following to your startup script:

bind NUM_1 gadget_navguides
bind NUM_2 gadget_radio
bind NUM_3 gadget_binocular
bind NUM_4 gadget_viewport
bind NUM_5 gadget_variometer
bind NUM_6 gadget_multiplayer
bind NUM_7 gadget_overhead
bind NUM_8 gadget_timer

"help" will give you a list of all the console commands (well, minus the known easter eggs ;)).

To figure out what I posted above, I didn't tap into any special knowledge. I actually just did the following:
  1. Typed "bind" to see what commands 1-9 are currently mapped to (since I haven't changed them from the defaults).
  2. Typed "bindable" and skimmed through the list of available keys until NUM_x caught my eye.
  3. Typed "bind NUM_1 gadget_navguides" to see if it would do what I expected, and to make sure it didn't undo the binding for the regular 1 key (I was pretty sure we allowed binding multiple keys to a single command).

Ryan Douglas said:
"help" will give you a list of all the console commands (well, minus the known easter eggs ;))
It's those damn unknown eggs that are getting the best of me!! :p Next time, Tony Packo's is on me, but it'll cost ya!!

Hahah! Well, I hate to disappoint, but to the best of my knowledge we didn't manage to work anything into this release. :(

That does not mean we won't slip something into a future update.

Back