RF7 vs RF7.5

sajoe

I found/stumbled over my RF7 version and am wondering if there is a significant improvement between it and 7.5?

I found/stumbled over my RF7 version and am wondering if there is a significant improvement between it and 7.5?
After you install RF 7.0 the upgrade to RF 7.5 is free and part of the update process in the RF Loader so there's no reason not to get RF 7.5. Visually not much difference but it is a decent upgrade and they increased the polygons modelers can use.

I'm afraid to try without a good reason. The last time I had this up and running it was on a Windows ME computer and it was an ordeal. I don't remember what the problem was but I spent DAYS on the phone with REALFLIGHT support. If the 7.5 upgrade is free what are they charging $19.99 for?

After I wrote the last message it occurred to me that I may not know what I think I do. I have the original disc serial number, the controller serial number and activation code number. That Is all I need to reload this?

After I wrote the last message it occurred to me that I may not know what I think I do. I have the original disc serial number, the controller serial number and activation code number. That Is all I need to reload this?
Yes that should be all you need. I have an RF 7.0 disc too and recently wanted to test something in RF 7.5 so I installed RF 7.0, registered it, and upgraded it without any issues. I will say one thing I have an NVIDIA graphics card but I see LOTS of problems from people who have an AMD cards (Radeon) it seems lots of their dirvers won't work with RealFlight so what graphics card are you using. I'm using Windows 10 20H2.

I'm afraid to try without a good reason. The last time I had this up and running it was on a Windows ME computer and it was an ordeal.
Yes. Always remember, NEVER upgrade unless you have an explicit reason to do so. This applies at all times, in all venues, and under all circumstances in computer science.

That said; if everything is working, and you're happy with it, leave it alone.

On the other hand; if you have heard that there is a feature you want in 7.5, or 9.5, (whatever) and you're considering upgrading, remember rule number 1... don't ever upgrade unless you have to. If you think you have to, then do your homework; usually upgrades in software also require upgrades in hardware. Just think it through.

marcus

No, not yet. You are both right but it doesn't settle anything yet. I was in the local HOBBY SHOP and that's when all of this started. They had a 7.5 UPGRADE DVD for $19.99 and thought if I could get my old 7 to work it may be worth $20 to upgrade since the 9.5 was $180 with the DX controller (RF8 HORIZON HOBBIES???). Anyways some time between then and now I got the cold sweats that to get the updates you have to re-register and that was so painful the last time I'm abandoning this project until I'm stronger.

You didn't answer my question about your graphics card type which seems to be the only real problem I've seen installing RF if you have an English version of Windows. I think you're making a mistake by not trying but I respect your decision so I won't post on this anymore. Good luck whatever you end up doing.

Back