RF8 destroyed Main Page after Editing

Lorbass

After returning from Edit the top Menu Bar is gone.
By clicking in the top,left, blue Icon with the characters RF it is possible to close RF9

This happens with editing user and standard Models in OS Windows 7, Ultimate, 64 Bit.
But not with OS Windows 7, Home Premium, 64 Bit.
RF8 version 19

Very anoying to restart RF8 all the time after editing the model.
No answer from KnifeEdge Support about this issue.

Just for the record I'm still in RF 7.5 haven't made the jump to 8 yet.
If you are you closing the Editor with the X, try using File>Exit to Simulator.
When you go To the Editor, are you in Full Screen Mode, or Windowed Mode?

In RF 7.5, in Full Screen Mode, a little trick to Get Rid of the Main Menu Bar, is to Go to the Editor, and return to the Program using, File>Exit to Simulator.
Before doing this, make sure the "Show Title Bar" is Unchecked. Main Menu Simulation>Show Title Bar.
To see/use the Main Menu Bar Again, Click, Alt.

To toggle between Full Screen Mode and Windowed Mode Press, Alt Enter.

Another issue, that can affect, switching between Full Screen & Windowed Mode, and Exiting Editor, is Improper Screen Resolution Setting.
Try, Setting RealFlight screen Resolution, Via Main Menu: Simulation>Settings>Graphics>Hardware>Resolution, to match Monitor Resolution.

Last edited:
RF8 works the exact same as 7.5 in regards to the window functions and Menu bar at the top.

I would reset to defaults from the launcher to confirm nothing has changed in your settings of RF8.

Restoring defaults is worth a shot.

I assume you're running in fullscreen mode. I recommend switching back to windowed mode. It will make those kinds of problems go away, and generally provide a much friendlier user experience.

I'm going to attribute any differences in behavior between computers to the fact that MFC in exclusive fullscreen mode is unsupported by Windows, and the exact behavior you get is likely to depend on multiple factors.

Back