RF8 "No Sessions Found". Should I upgrade to Evolution?

Gscavey

Sorry if this is an old ask but not sure why I'm not seeing any multiplayer online sessions using RF8? When I click "Join", it says "connecting to list server" and then "verifying connectivity...", then "No Sessions found" . I dont get any error messages and I've allowed RF8 as an app to work with Windows Firewall. I assume multiplayer function still exists but wonder if RF8 obsolete for this and should I go ahead and purchase Evolution? I purchased my copy of RF8 off RCGroups and had HH reset the serial number so I could re-register my copy. Unfortunately, that was a while ago and I'm not sure I registered my RF8 and account. Is there a way to check these things or do I have to go back to HH?

Thanks and sorry again if this is old business.

Greg

Make sure the drop down box on the lower left of the multiplayer join dialog is set to Internet, and not to LAN. You may have to hit the refresh button after making that change.

Yes, Its definitely set to internet and I have refreshed and tried this several times. Any other suggestions?

Looks like all I needed to do was upgrade my RF8. Good to go just need to find appropriate field to start off. Any suggestions? Thanks - Greg

Version 8.00.056 allows RF8 to join multiplayer sessions with other versions of RealFlight from 7 through Evolution. Earlier versions of RF8 would only see multiplayer sessions from other RF8 users who have not updated.

It wouldn't surprise me if very few people are still hosting RF8 sessions with those versions. It sounds like that's why your searches were coming up empty prior to updating.

Back