RF9.5 Night Timber X No Throttle

Blackscreen

I just got upgraded to RF9.5 and it looks like the Night Timber X model isn't configured properly. I don't get any response on the throttle on either model.

The Night Timber X (both variants) has a reversing motor.

The way it is set up, if you have an InterLink DX then Switch G will control the reversing. In the middle position, it zeroes the throttle, which would cause the effect you're seeing.

If you are using a different controller device with fewer channels, presumably you could modify your radio profile to drive the right input with one of your available output channels, but that is unfriendly.

Virtual channels do not go high enough to help here.

I have filed a case in our bug tracking system so that we can investigate this further and try to improve the setup.

Just read above. If you want I can make up an AV that should work with other controllers.

Well for those not accustomed yet to the editor here is the plane (with slats) for the Elite and other controllers. The engine reverser has just been moved to the switch that normally controls dual rates.

Attachments

• E-flite Night Timber X (4S with slats) Elite_AV.RFX
    53.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for that, BrokeDad. It should be useful for people until we can get a more permanent solution in place. (Sounds like it's going to increase the degree of difficulty for flying on low rates. ?)

Now it seems the WS1000 only does 6 channels and I need more than that for the Timber, so how do I map the flight mode (I think thats reverse) to the keyboard?

Now it seems the WS1000 only does 6 channels and I need more than that for the Timber, so how do I map the flight mode (I think thats reverse) to the keyboard?

Keys YUIOJ are channels 5-9 respectively and already mapped by default.

BrokeDad,

I tried hitting YUIOJ individually and the motor still wont turn on for the Night Timber X! What am I supposed to do to get the motor to turn on in any direction?

BrokeDad,

I tried hitting YUIOJ individually and the motor still wont turn on for the Night Timber X! What am I supposed to do to get the motor to turn on in any direction?

I posted an AV above that will let you fly it. All I did was put the motor reversing on Ch. 5 which is used for dual rates (did this so people with 6 channel radios can control it from TX). Yes it will mean reverse will be on low rates but the plane will fly for you. KE is working on their own solution.

Hey everyone, there is a new public beta version available with updated versions of the two Night Timber X variants! See the announcement for instructions. Basically, motor reversing is now controlled by channel 7 (Sw. A on the InterLink DX). If your radio doesn't have 7 channels, you can use virtual channels to toggle that behavior. But it should always default to running forward for anybody without 7 channels, preventing the initially reported "no throttle" problem.

Please try it out and let us know your results!

Back