RF9.5

Mark Aspray

Hello all........I have a copy of RF9.5 that I have been running on a laptop with windows 8 installed.........we have just bought a new laptop that has windows 11 installed. Im having difficulty loading RF9.5 on it !!!. Do I need a new version of the software do you think or is there a way to do it ?. Im not too well up on technology as you might have guessed !! Thanks. M

What exactly are you having difficulty with?

I remember that installing RF 9.5 from the DVD turned into a big hassle after about September 2020 because the developer certificates in the program files expired and then anti-virus software though RF was a virus (incorrectly).

If you've got it installed but it doesn't run properly, that's a different issue. Since you mention it's a new laptop, then I'll point out that there's a known issue between RF and the integrated graphics for Intel 12th Gen processors. If your new laptop has a 12th Gen Intel processor and no other graphics card (nVidia or AMD), then that's going to be a problem. More info about that and how to figure out if it affects you is here.

Thanks for replying so swiftly ......this gives me something to go on.

RF 9.5is not loading from the disks supplied and the web link https://www.realflight.com/dirf9/ just says I have "hit a wave" !!!!........really helpful !!!

I dont know........but I will keep trying........thanks again for your input
Best Regards
Mark

RealFlight is not natively compatible with Mac and they are not officially supported. Users have reported varying degrees of success running through Parallels, though. I suggest searching for "parallels" to find out more.

RealFlight is not natively compatible with Mac and they are not officially supported. Users have reported varying degrees of success running through Parallels, though. I suggest searching for "parallels" to find out more.
thank you for getting back with me, I just bought a new computer, how do I reload my RF 9.5 on my new computer, can I transfer by registration number?

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I'll try to help.

Non-Steam digital download edition
If you purchased the digital download edition, you can download and install from the link that @technoid posted above: https://www.realflight.com/rfl-bs-downloads.html.

You will need the serial number that came with your software. This was sent an email after your purchase.

DVD edition
If you have a DVD version of RF9, you can install from those disks or you can download and install following the digital download instructions above.

You will need the serial number that came with your software. Look for the sticker on your DVD case.

Steam edition
With the Steam version of the software, simply install Steam, log in with your account, select RealFlight and click Install.

Back