RF9 Screen Capture Error

15PSI

Hello -

Hopefully one of the Knife Edge developers will read this post and respond. I am getting a consistent error whenever I attempt to capture a screen. I am running the newest version of RF9 on a standard Alienware laptop, utilizing the attached native screen.

Here are two PNG files that illustrate the issue:

RF9 Screen Save Error 483K.png

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this other than a new version of RF9?

Thank you,
15PSI

Well as a temporary solution you could use Shift+PrtScn. Then just paste the picture into paint or whatever and save from there. Also make sure you have the older DirectX 9 loaded.

I tried that...

I tried Shift+Prt Screen and WIN+Prt Screen and that does not capture the existing screen either. Using either key combo brings up a previously captured screen that is not representative of the screen I attempt to capture. Weird.

Hopefully a developer will jump in here with some suggestions.

Note that the native screen capture works on all other software on this laptop, but not with the current version of RF9.

You've got a collision between your graphics card drivers and DirectX. Start by seeing if there are any updates for your graphics card. Verify you are running the correct version of DirectX for RF (sorry, I can't advise as I don't have RF9). Calling RF support directly will probably sort this out pretty quickly. This forum is primarily for users, and is only lightly monitored by RF staff.

Thank you. One of the moderators has forwarded this issue to the developers. All my drivers are up to date and DirectX diags report that everything is updated and passes all DirectX tests for the latest update of Win10. Alienware (Dell) diags indicate full health. I am hopeful the KE developers can get to the bottom of this.

Back