RF9 with DX9 + Blade 230 S v2 Setup Config/Tips

STEye

Seems like there isn't much documentation on how to setup controllers. I have my Spektrum DX9 setup now with planes, but it seems like I don't have it correctly done for helis. Specifically I am trying to get it setup on the Blade 230 S v2 model. First off the collective seems to be off where it is impossible to hover, it either shoots up quickly or sinks rapidly. Also, I am not able to switch the flight modes on the controller even though I have it setup on the controller config (and it works fine on SAFE enabled planes).

Any tips or pointers is greatly appreciated, I'm a noob at this simulator and I've looked at the instruction file with no avail.

I created a helicopter model type in my DX9 and noticed that it now blends the throttle and collective pitch together and gives other options that are heli specific. I think I'm going in the right direction, but could still use some tips on settings.

Last edited:
I did search, perhaps my parameters aren't correct. Instead of being snarky, why don't you give me a hand and perhaps link me?

I have a DX6 and DXe connected via WS2000 to RF9. I fly 230s v2.

Have you tried "Setup controller" and go through the calibration procedure?

I got it working in 2 ways.

1) Use the default WS2000 controller in "Setup controller". Just follow the calibration instructions. After this, it mostly works. Specifically:
- throttle, pitch, rudder, aileron, elevator all work fine
- high rates / low rates works fine
- flight modes DO NOT work. Use keyboard "I" to commute between flight modes (SAFE mode, and non-SAFE modes)

2) With a DX9, you should be able to get it to work perfectly by setting up a new controller from scratch. Start with WS2000 (or another one), and "Edit" it. You need to setup each channel one by one. "Flaps" is the "Pitch" channel. Assign a 3-state button to Channel 8 in DX9, and that button will be able to control the Mode (Beginner with Safe, Intermediate, Advanced).

I have also unchecked "Enable Software Radio Mixes" and "Enable Software Radio Dual Rates and Expo" so that I get the mixes and dual rates / expo as defined in your radio, rather than done by software.

You may need a little trial and error, including figuring out which channels should be reversed.

DX8 gen 1 and DX8 gen 2 setup in book works perfect for me.

Which 'book' are you referring to? The RF9 manual has no specifics for either DX8's you mentioned. 230S V2 is not working for my DX8 G2, the throttle is assigned correctly but the heli will not spin up. It acts as if there is a throttle hold on. When I go to the controller setup to assign throttle hold, select 3 pos switch, none of the switches on the DX8 G2 are recognized when toggled.

Did anyone manage to find a solution to this ? Keenly waiting for it ...I have the latest version of RF9 and still do not have "WS2000" as an option ( it shows WS1000 only). Also not all channels are shown when using the windows game controller calibration screen -with a DX8Gen2

When I connect my interlinkDx, a lot more options show up (check the attachment). - Of course I can fly with the InterlinkDX - but would like to try it via DX8G2 WS2000 combo

I am totally new to this - and have no clue about how to setup the DX8 any different. Any help ? Any setup files from anyone who got it working ?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    29.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    27.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    28 KB · Views: 20
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    404 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    323.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    86.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IDX.PNG
    IDX.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 20
Did anyone manage to find a solution to this ? Keenly waiting for it ...I have the latest version of RF9 and still do not have "WS2000" as an option ( it shows WS1000 only). Also not all channels are shown when using the windows game controller calibration screen -with a DX8Gen2

When I connect my interlinkDx, a lot more options show up (check the attachment). - Of course I can fly with the InterlinkDX - but would like to try it via DX8G2 WS2000 combo

I am totally new to this - and have no clue about how to setup the DX8 any different. Any help ? Any setup files from anyone who got it working ?
I have no experience with the DX8 or WS2000, but the DX8 has 8 channels, and the Interlink DX has 15 channels (which is why you see more options). Also, better to use the RF9 Calibration for both (rather than Windows).

Back