RFD won't start on overclocked computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

st8up

The strangest thing...
...installed RFD on my Celeron 300 - worked fine. Then I overclocked the system to 450 Mhz and everything works fine except RFD won't start! When I double-click the icon to start the program, the CD-ROM with the RFD disk is accessed, then the harddrive is accessed (as if the program is about to start), but then all activity stops and RFD never starts. The computer does NOT lock up! Everything still works fine, the program simply won't start running. When I change the system back to 300 Mhz it works again!
Anybody else experience this? Another one of these copy-protection schemes?
:confused:

Raptor & Plank Flyer!

RF G2 runs fine for me on a Celery 366 at 550. But that's my normal mode of operation and G2 was installed with it running that way, with the FSB at 100 MHz.

I doubt that overclocking the cpu itself is your problem but I can't explain what you describe. I started to write asking if your AGP card is running overclocked and may not like running that way with a graphics-intense program like RF but then I realized you said your system doesn't lock up or crash. So....uh, I dunno.

My experience with the pre-G2 versions is that they aren't nearly as dependent on a fast cpu as they are a really good video card. So far, I think that's true for G2 also but I'm still learning what it likes. With my Celery at 566 and a Prophet GeForce card, I'm getting very good frame rates in G2. Maybe I'll try it at 366 and see how it works.

Good luck. Post your findings for others.

ChefJeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back